Owe me a Favor

~AVALON'S POV~
A few more insipid days dragged on. I was laying on my back, using my cloak as a pillow.

"I hope Mother's doing alright. She better not be sulking. Do you hear me, Mother?" I sighed.

"How's it going up there, Dad?" I asked, looking up at the sun through the cage bars.

"Sam's growing like a weed. Can you believe he's almost 9? I can't. He looks just like you." I smiled genuinely for the first time in a while. Then I realized a pair of pointy toed boots were standing just outside the door of my cage. I gasped and scrambled to a sitting position. The boots were connected to green pants.

"Pan?" I asked. He snickered.

"Indeed it is."

"How long have you been standing there?"

"Long enough to hear everything." He said with a slick voice. I blushed. He knelt down and I heard him fiddle with lock. He swung the cage door open and after grabbing my cloak, I shot out. I settled it on my shoulders and tied it at my throat. Pan clamped a hand around my bicep and guided me back to camp. The Lost boys were roaming around, doing random things. Pan leaned in and slid his hand down my arm.

"Now be a good little girl, I'd hate to put you back in that cage." He said in my ear. I broke away from him and sat on a log near the fire before I could utter a comment I would regret. I stared into the flames. Suddenly, Sam walked over and sat next to me. He had been avoiding me ever since he turned us into Pan. He placed a bowl full of soup in my lap.

"It was quiet while you were gone." He said not meeting my eyes. I stared at him, not knowing what to say. So, I didn't say anything. I didn't want to push him into ignoring me again. I just ate the soup and we sat in a comfortable silence.
➳➴➵➶➷➸➹
I was hunting in the jungle one day. I had shot a couple squirrels and birds and was making my way back to camp. It was around noon and Pan had instructed me to be back around this time. I was feeling a little peckish so I stopped by a stream to have a drink of water and look for something to eat. I was looking around the stream when I came across a stalk with white flowers growing on it. I knew better than to eat plants I knew nothing about so I examined the it. The leaves had sharp edges and the flowers grew in umbels. I was fairly sure that this was water parsnip so I yanked the plant out of the ground and took a bite out of the root. I had just swallowed the first bite when Felix came out of the foliage. Pan had probably sent him to come and get me. His eyes popped out of his head when he saw the root in my hand.

"AVA, THAT'S POISONOUS WATER HEMLOCK!!! SPIT IT OUT!!!" he shouted. I dropped the plant with a gasp. He ran over to me and grabbed my shoulders.

"DID YOU SWALLOW ANY?" He yelled in my face. I nodded in horror, and he looked at me with an identical expression. He scooped me up, one arm under my knees and the other across my back. He sprinted in the direction of the camp.

"Felix, I can walk on my- Agh!!" A sharp pain stabbed into my stomach and I clutched at it in Felix's arms. In a few minutes we were in the camp. Nausea and pain exploded throughout my abdomen. All the Lost boys were staring at me and Felix with confusion.

"Where's Pan?!" Felix cried out. Pan stomped out of his tent, his look of irritation suddenly turning to panic. Lost boys were crowding around and Pan ran over to us.

"What's wrong with her?" Pan asked.

"She ate water hemlock." Felix explained. Pan's face fell. Gasps came from the crowd of Lost boys.

"Water hemlock? That some deadly stuff."

"What's gonna happen to her?"

"She'll be dead in fifteen minutes!"