Skull Rock

After breakfast I gathered my bow and told Pan I was going hunting. He didn't suspect and let me leave without another explanation. As soon as I was out of sight, I sprinted as fast as my legs would allow to the cave. Everyone was waiting there, but an added member was with them. Wendy Darling sat on a log with a blanket wrapped around her body. She caught sight of me.

"That's the girl that let me out!" She said gesturing to me. Everyone turned to me.

"You're late. I was beginning to think you skipped out on us." Regina remarked.

"Did you find anything else out from Pan?" Emma asked me. I shook my head.

"He said that he needs Henry's heart to save the island, but I don't believe it." I said.

"She's right. He's lying." Wendy said. "Pan needs Henry's heart to absorb all the magic in Neverland."

"Why does he need to absorb all the magic?" Mr. Gold asked.

"Pan's dying, and only the Heart of the Truest Believer can save him." Wendy explained. Pan is dying?

"What will happen to Henry?" Mary Margaret asked, fear lacing her tone.

"Well, it's a trade. When Pan lives, Henry will die." Wendy said. Regina and Emma gasped.

"Then we have no time to lose." Mr. Gold interjected. "Let's get to Pan's compound and get Henry."

"Ava, lead the way." Emma said.

All of us hid under the cover of the thick ferns outlining Pan's camp. The Lost boys were wandering around, doing random things. I signaled Regina, and she raised her hand. A ball of purple mist unfolded in her palm and she shot it out towards the Lost boys. They all fell unconscious. We emerged from the bushes and started looking around.

"Where's Henry?"

"Where's Pan?" I went over to Pan's tent and peered inside. He wasn't there.

"He's not here." I said. "Neither is Henry." Regina stated. Everyone looked to Wendy.

"Where would he go?" Emma asked her. Wendy looked troubled.

"It's worse than I thought. He's doing it now. He took Henry to Skull Rock. You have to go, if you want to save him." She said urgently.

"Regina, Gold, Neal, let's go. Everyone else stay here, for when the Lost boys wake up." Emma ordered.

"I'm coming too." I said. They all looked at me. "Pan won't hurt me. Maybe we can use that to our advantage."

"Alright. Let's go."

The boat ride to Skull Rock was a silent one. The giant rock shaped like a skull was lit up with light from the inside. It looked more menacing the closer we got to it. Regina, Emma, and Neal had a hard look of determination set on their faces. Mr. Gold clenched Pandora's box with an anxious look on his features. I kept clenching and unclenching my hand on my sword handle nervously. The boat drifted under the entrance to the rock and stopped on a rocky ledge. Everyone got out and Neal tied the boat down. There was a line drawn in the dirt in front of the stone steps leading into the rock. Emma approached it and was flung back by a force of magic. Flipping in the air and landing on the ground with a thud.

"Are you okay?" Neal asked, rushing to Emma's side.

"What the hell was that?" Regina asked.

"A protection spell." Mr. Gold answered. He stopped over the line, and passed through the invisible wall.

"How did you..." Emma began.

"The spell is designed to prevent anyone who casts a shadow from entering." Mr. Gold explained. I reached out and touched the wall with the tip of my finger, expecting it to be pushed back. To my utter surprise, it passed through the magic wall. I stepped over the line and my whole body passed through. Everyone stared at me, even Mr. Gold looked surprised. Then something clicked in his mind.

"How did I...?" I started.

"This isn't about keeping you out, it's about drawing us in." Mr. Gold said. "Apparently Pan wants an audience with me and Ava. Pandora's box, if you please." Mr. Gold held his hand out. Neal was about the extend his arm and give him the box, but Regina snatched it. She took a deep breath and walked over to Mr. Gold.

"You better pull through, Gold. Or I'll make whatever Pan has planned for you look like child's play. You understand me?" She threatened, narrowing her eyes. Mr. Gold smiled without humor. He plucked the box from her hands.

"Well a simple "good luck" would've sufficed." He turned to me.

"Come along, dearie. Let's go have a chat with Pan." He smiled ruthlessly and descended up the stone steps. With my stomach pinched with nerves, I yanked my sword from its sheath, and followed.

I know it's short but at least I updated! I just turned in my registration form for high school and I'm nervous! The school I'm going to is HUGE!! *hyperventilating* Wish me luck and I'll update soon! :D