19; Finding Eri

Pov y/n

For the record, we've been running down hallways for the past 15 minutes. I will never be doing this again. Overhaul suddenly comes to a halt, making me almost crash into him. I quickly regain my balance and turn to overhaul as he opens a door and enters. Slowly following him into the room, I watch him approach a bookshelf and pull out a book. 

The bookshelf then moves to the side, revealing a door that leads outside. Then, he walks up to me and slowly removes something from his pocket before stopping in front of me and telling me to turn around. 

I look at him weirdly as if saying why should I? He sighs and says "Just turn around already I don't have a day."

I quickly turn around not wasting any time, I then feel him put the same heavy choker back on my neck that he only recently took off.  I then groan in annoyance at the fact he put this stupid choker back on me.

He chuckles and said "What? Do you really think I trust you enough to let you go outside without it?"

"No, it's just incredibly heavy and itchy," I said in a rather annoyed tone as I make my way over to the door opening it and walking into what seemed to be an alleyway that led to other alleyways all intertwining and shit. I slowly come to a stop thinking of which way to take.

"This is so annoying she could have when taking any of these alleyways!"

I quickly turn around to face overhaul to ask him which way we should take but to my surprise, he's already making his way down one of the alleyways leaving me behind. I quickly run after him.

"Hey! wait overhaul heugh! would u wait for a damn minute!"  

Eventually, he slowed down and waited for me to catch up with him. Once I reached him, slightly out of breath, I asked him.

What makes you certain that she took this alleyway? She might have taken a different one? Should I go down another alleyway?"

"She's taken all the other alleyways already this is the only one she hasn't taken yet, so no don't." He said as we continued speed walking down the alleyway.

"Oh, I see."

"Wait a damn minute she has taken all of the others?! there were like seven other alleyways?! And he was able to get her back each time, that poor girl."

Finally, we reach the end of the alleyway, which is not far from my apartment. We slowly make our way down the street. As we're walking I see a small head of white hair running down the street, I quickly start running after her. Leaving overhaul behind as called out to her.

"Eri!"

She stopped running and turned around to face me, she seemed quite happy to see my face. I smiled at her and waved her over she then began to walk over to me. But out of nowhere, I felt a hand grab my shoulder and yank me, making me stumble backward's.  

"Trying to make a run for it when I'm not paying attention hmm angel?~ He said with venom in his voice.

"huh? wait? what? no chisaki I was going after eri!" I said as I pointed to eri making a run for it around a corner and into an alleyway.

"Fuck"

"Yeah no shit"

As we ran after Eri who disappeared around the corner just a second ago, we ended up chasing her for two blocks. Now out of breath and tired asf, she finally stopped running but it wasn't as good as I had hoped. Despite having my mask down, my hands were still on my knees as I tried to breathe, then overhaul said.