09: Such a Strange Situation

The bird in white stretched out on the bed I was on. "Hey, um, what's your name?" I asked inching closer to him. "Oh, yeah, it's Chronostasis. Chrono for short." He said turning his head in my direction. I laid back next to Chrono.

"Are you sure Chrono isn't too friendly?" I asked turning my head from the ceiling, two-words Chrono. He shrugged his shoulder. " You can call me Chrono or not, it's your choice but Overhaul does want to meet you." He said still looking at me. I stuck out my tongue at him.

"You're a child." He said as he looked back up at the ceiling. "So, why are you being so friendly with me?" I asked. I was legit confused. Didn't he hate me, call me a liar, and try to find me out multiple times? He took a minute to answer me. "I guess you could say you passed my test." He said, no emotion, at all.

"What?!" I said as I shot up from laying down. "I didn't think you were serious about Overhaul, but it seems you've proved me wrong." He said. I could feel my blush a little. I've never really had people be proud or compliment me on something so this was a nice change. "Oh, um, thanks I guess." I said as I turned away from him out of embarrassment.

He shrugged his shoulders at me. He got up from the bed and went to walk out of the room. "Get ready to meet him and make sure to not piss him off. I'll be waiting outside the room." He said as he closed the door behind him. I looked around the room and saw there was a bathroom.

Oh that's cool.

I walked into the white tiled room and once again looked around. It was a decent size with a tub to the side and a toilet to the opposite side. There was also a marble counter with the sink. When I walked over to the sink there were an organized Lind of supplies like a hair brush, toothbrushes, toothpaste and things for the shower.

I grabbed the toothpaste and toothbrush. I turned on the water, wet down the brush and put on the toothpaste. I finally noticed there was a large clean mirror in front of the sink. I guess I didn't notice it because I've never really cared for mirrors.

After I finished brushing my teeth, I walked out of the bathroom and made my way to the door. "Ready now?" Chrono asked, still looking away from me. "No I walked out here cause I'm not." I said sarcastically. He shook his head in disappointment. "Yeah whatever, follow me." I did as I was told.

All the hallways were so small I felt like I was going to squished to death. Almost every other hallway would either lead to a dead end or lead some where else. This place was too damn confusing. I was pretty much a rat in a maze or something.

After an enjoyable while of awkward silence we had finally reached our destination. Chrono opened the door and motioned me inside. I could feel my heart in my throat because of how nervous I was but I stepped inside anyways. Overhaul was sitting on a couch against the other wall and that weird doll thing was sitting on the arm of it.

There was a table in the middle plus another couch across from him. I walked to the couch across from him and sat directly in front of him. "So, what do you need me for?" The doll stopped what it was doing. "Don't you know any manners??" It said, pointing it's little finger at me. "Mr. Overhaul." The doll nodded in a proven and went back to counting money.

"Ms. (Y/n), tell me about your grandfather. If you refuse to talk," He leaned in closer, resting his elbows on his knees while his eyes formed a glare. "I'll force you." I let out a small gulp. My best bet is to talk but if I'm being honest, I don't want to even thing about my grandpa.

"Well, from what I remember, my grandpa is an underground scientists . He tests quirks and gives people quirks." I could feel myself start to sweat just talking about my grandpa. Out of everyone in this world, the only man I feared was him.

"I'll be honest, I don't remember much of the place but I know I was one of the test subjects. I only remember the pain he would put me through trying to 'improve' me." Overhaul pulled out a tissue.

"Dry your eyes please."

My eyes?

I touched my face and felt the wetness of tears. I haven't cried in forever. "O-Oh I'm sorry!" I grabbed the tissue from his hand and wiped my eye. I wish I could tell what everyone was thinking, but everyone is wearing a mask. I gave him a small smile. "I'm really sorry about that."

Overhaul put his gloved hand on top of his bird mask, he looked deep in thought. "If your grandfather is who I think he is, we're gonna have to keep you hidden or he'll cause trouble for us." "..." There it is, that word again. All I've ever done is cause trouble, I'm nothing but a bother.

Before I knew it, I got up from my seat. "I'm sorry to cause trouble, I'll leave you alone from now on." Overhaul sent me another cold glare, one that would scare any normal human being. He walked over to me and pulled on my collar forcing my head down.

From the corner of my eye I could see that the doll and Chrono were shocked Overhaul would even touch me. He leaned over to my right ear and I could feel his breath on me. "I gave you a choice and you chose me," His words made me blush. "Own up to your decision." He let go of my collar and walked over to the door.

"Ms. (Y/n)" I lifted up my head and turned to him while my cheeks were still lightly pink. "Y-Yes." His eyes still had a glare, but I think that's his normal look. "You and Chronostasis will accompany me in town later, be ready." And with that, he left the room.

"Well, that was weird." Chrono said, leaning against a corner in the room. I brought my hands to my collar and the thought of the scene that just happened made me blush again.

Maybe this won't be so bad~.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everybody get your popcorn and your drinks the show is about to being~

🍿🍻