Chapter 10 ~ First time

While Sky is sitting on Damien's bed she looks out of the window, watching the beautiful night sky. She always felt relaxed when doing so. Just looking at the stars and being surrounded by that wonderful cool wind when you're outside is one of the moments in which she forgets everything.

She hears the door open and draws her attention to Damien who is back with a package in his hand.

"A first-aid kit?" She questions.

"Of course. Do you think I'll let you watch around with an injured neck?" He chuckles and opens it, taking out the things he needs.

"We heal by ourselves so we never had a first-aid kit. That's why I got it when I was away. I figured sooner or later you'll, unfortunately, need it." Damien sits down next to her with the sanitizer in his hand.

"May I?" He asks as he motions to remove her hair from her neck. She nods in allowance and inhales deeply as she feels his hand gently moving her hair back. She can't control the little shivers that run down her spine as she feels his warm touch on her neck. Even though he is a literal god when it comes to his looks, just like the rest of the brothers, Sky always valued the personality of a guy more than anything.

And him being so incredibly kindhearted and soft warms her heart. She tries to remind herself of what he is but the fact that it does not define his personality makes her feel safe with him.

I wish I could trust him... But in this house, I can't trust anybody but myself. Even though I let myself down... She thinks, still disappointed of what the things she let Ryan do. Damien notices that she is distracted since she did not flinch when he used the sanitizer. He looks at her face and sees pain.

Seeing her this way is filling him with guilt. He wanted to know if her place was really here. He wanted to be sure if there hasn't been a mistake so maybe she can have her life back. But after talking to his father he knew he disappeared for nothing. He left her alone only to find out that he can't protect her.

This girl is a stranger to him and yet he can't but feel so incredibly overprotective.

"Sky, please stop blaming yourself for what happened. I should have been here to tell them not to heal you. They didn't know what it would cause." He finishes cleaning her wound and puts a big white band-aid on it.

"I read that the cream will probably make it itchy. I'm not quite sure how human skin works but it should mean that it heals I think." He tries to cheer her up. She turns her head to face him and chuckles.

"I don't know either." She answers and leans in for a hug. He most definitely did not expect her to hug him and has to gulp first before realizing what's happening.

Vampire or not, she needs it. She needs the feeling of being safe for once at least. She missed the feeling of having someone around her that she can talk to normally. Someone who can comfort her when she feels down. She misses her friends that she had to leave behind. She misses her life.

"I want to cry... but it feels like I have no tears left." She whispers into his chest. He looks down at her and gently lays his arms around her body, unsure whether the touch will make her feel uncomfortable or not. Not feeling any resistance from her, he sees it as a sign to return the hug and tightens the grip around her, holding her little physique.

"I'm sorry to hear that. But maybe that's a good thing. Maybe you're not supposed to cry anymore?" He says softly and looks out of the window but he received no reaction from her. Sky just looks out of the window while she remains in the same position.

"Hey, let's play something. Do you drink?" The question catches her attention and makes her lookup.

"I- I've never had alcohol before."