CHAPTER 17 - Was It A Dream

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING!!! PLEASE ENJOY!!!

"Good morning, Ryan." Ryan walks into the salon as he hears his mother greeting him. He looks at her adding a few details on the portrait that she is painting of Anthony.

"Right, his birthday will be soon."

"Have you decided who you want to bring with you?" Ryan sighs at his mother's question. The entire morning she's been having that odd smile on her face. If only she wasn't so incredibly obsessed with her sons' love lives he thought.

"Have you asked Damien, yet?" He raises his eyebrow at her knowing very well she will dodge his question and move on to the next topic.

"Kaiden and Jaxon are having difficulties adjusting."

"Mother..."

"Damien tried to help them but it should be you. They look up to you," she interrupts "You have been through the same. You understand their pain."

"And they understand that I don't have the time." He responds while buttoning up his shirt. "Anyway, I'll be going now. We will continue this when hell freezes over." His mother sighs as he gives her a kiss on the cheek.

"Is that a way to speak to your mother?" He hears from behind him. Ryan freezes at the spot. The tone of his voice already tells him that he is in danger. He turns around. Facing the man he owns his respect and loyalty to.

"I'm sorry, father."

"WHAT?!" He yells into Ryan's face as he suddenly stands in front of him. Ryan lowers his gaze. The room is filled with silence.

"Drago, don't be so harsh."

"Quiet, my dear. I did not raise my son to become an irresponsible child. Now turn around and apologize to your mother." Ryan inhales sharply. He tries not to show any sign of fear. That's what he's been taught. Always be the hunter, never be the prey.

He looks at his mother who faces him with worry in her eyes.

"I apologize, mother. I did not man to disrespect you." He says and leaves the room. Drago looks down at his wife and sees the disappointment.

"How can you blame him for his words? He comes right after you." Freya speaks up and continues to work on the portrait. Drago sighs and walks up behind her, gently caressing her shoulders with both hands.

"I want what's best for my son. If he came after me he would know to watch his mouth." He says and places a kiss on top of her head. Freya shakes her head at his response. She dislikes the way he treats Ryan from the rest. Talking to him like he isn't his own. Pressuring him into becoming a 'man'. She knows he is his prodigy and not even she could convince him to change his behavior.

"I understand." She nods and signs the picture.

Ryan walks through the village. He watches the people around him, looking for somebody to feed on. But who? Who would he dare to hurt. Luckily, he possesses the ability to let those he harms forget about the incident. He feels the dryness in his throat. His veins are craving for the liquid of life. He stands next to the road where the carriages drive past him.

"Ryan?" he hears a voice coming out from one of the carriages . He looks to his right, a door opening as a young woman steps out of the vehicle. Strawberry red hair, light soft skin, green eyes, a natural beauty.

He fixes his posture as she walks up to him, hoping he does not express how nervous he is.

"Annabelle! Good morning." He smiles.

"Morning? The sun has been up for quite a while now." She chuckles as she stands in front of him, her eyes glued on his. Ryan examines her body language. Her hands are folded and resting in front of her on her dress, her chin slightly lifted, her lips form a soft smile that wait for him to continue a conversation, her eyes awakened and full of life. A cherry blossom glistening in the sun.