CHAPTER 15 ~ Facing Thorns

I can hear the birds outside. It must be morning already. I pull the sheets up higher to cover my cold body while I watch Ryan sleep like a baby.

I haven't slept for a while now. Being in the same bed as him has been harder than I thought. Whenever I close my eyes I am scared that he'll jump me and feed off me. But it's not only his roughness I'm scared for. I'm scared that I might enjoy the things he'll do to me. After what happened last night I can't but feel horribly ashamed of myself.

Ugh, I moaned his bloody name...

I cover my face in embarrassment, wishing I could just sink into a hole and never come out again. Is this what it feels like when you lose all self-respect? Giving in to pleasure given by a violent demonic creature who shows every sign of being a sociopath; how more pathetic can I be? I wish he had manipulated me to enjoy it. Maybe then I would feel less ashamed of my desire for what he did.

FOR F*CKS SAKE WHAT AM I THINKING?! Of course, I am happy that he didn't force himself on me in that way. I just wish I was less dumb.

I turn to my side and watch him closely while he still sleeps like an innocent child. I've never really examined all his beautiful features. He truly has the face of what I imagine a greek god to look like. Such beauty and yet so deadly. Like a snake. While looking at his face I try to remember his eye color. A deep mysterious purple. A purple yet to find in this world. I still wonder how some of them have silver eyes, though.

"Stop staring me."

"OH- EH-"

*SLAP*

"There was just a bug on your face"

Did I seriously just slap him?? I must have a dead wish-

Ryan furrows his eyebrows and grabs my hand which I slapped him with. Without hesitation, he pulls me closer to him and flips us over so he remains on top of me. I try to push him off but I should know by now that this has no use.

"Pretty sassy. I was going to give you a good time but..." I wait for him to answer but he just stares at me while holding down my wrists next to my head. Hoping he'd be distracted enough to react, I try to push his legs off me but he doesn't budge.

"... I changed my mind." He smirks and comes closer with his big sharp fangs exposed for me to see.

Later...

3rd P.O.V.

"So, Skypiece. How was your night?" Carter asks from across the table. Sky swallows her food and nods at Carter in response while her gaze switches over to Damien who seems to be busy with his food. He hasn't greeted her this morning which worried her for some reason. After all, he is the only person in this room who she somewhat trusts.

"Good that you mention it, Carter. Next time you two decide to do it, do me a favor and muzzle her, will ya? Not like the whole house has to hear it."

"Ah- You guys heard... me? When?" Sky looks at Kaiden with shame written all over he face. 

"Every. Single. Word." He responds and takes a bite off his sandwich. Hearing Kaiden say that worries her, knowing the way she moaned was incredibly loud.

"So, Skypiece. You and Ryan hm? Since when? How did you two meet?"

"They met here you shit." Jaxon rolls his eyes at Carter.

"How do you know? Were you there?"

"Yes. And so were you- ugh nvm." Satisfied with Jaxon's annoyed face Carter looks over to Sky with a smile on his face. But once he sees her, he realizes that she looks anything but amused.