Chapter 1 ~ The brothers

I've never subscribed to beliefs in gods, devils, hell, or paradises. My life has been devoid of such notions. I put my faith in the tangible, the present moment, my own strength, and the choices I make. The idea of a god guiding us or a devil tempting us has always seemed unfounded to me.

That was until I saw those eyes—his eyes. Dark, pitch black, void of emotion, and chillingly cold. It's as if I'm peering into the abyss of his dark soul, a darkness that manifests in his actions as he tightens his grip around my neck and leans in, his hot breath caressing my skin. Each deliberate exhale sends shivers down my spine.

I'm determined not to succumb to whatever facade he's trying to project. Those teeth must be fake, and I'm going to treat him accordingly, as nothing more than a charlatan. There's no way he could be a creature from Hollywood movies or a being from the horror stories I used to hear.

Despite my labored breaths, I summon every ounce of remaining energy and unleash a flurry of punches on any part of his body I can reach. His indifference to the blows only fuels my determination, and as a last resort, I deliver a forceful kick to his groin, eliciting a groan of pain.

His frown deepens as he glares at me, but I respond with a triumphant smile. The world around me starts to blur once more as his grip on my neck tightens. Suddenly, he yanks me closer, locking eyes with me. His cold, empty gaze pierces through me, and despite my attempts to look away, my body remains unresponsive. I'm entrapped, unable to divert my gaze from his haunting eyes.

"Good girl. Focus on me with those big pretty eyes just like that."

His words repulse me, heightening my desire to look away, yet an inexplicable force keeps my gaze locked onto his.

W-wait... what's happening??

In disbelief, I watch as his eyeballs roll back into his head, morphing into an inky blackness that consumes them entirely. The all-encompassing blackness extends to his entire eyeball.

Whatever this entity is, or whatever I'm witnessing, terror courses through my veins. These could be the devil's eyes. The demonic essence they exude is chilling, and an overwhelming sense of horror grips my entire being, intensified by the sinister atmosphere he brings with him.

"Don't speak and f*cking stop moving," he growls, and obediently, I cease all movement. My body no longer heeds my commands as I remain ensnared in his grip.

"Good," he whispers, lowering himself to my neck, his tongue tracing over my sensitive skin. The only semblance of control I retain are over my eyes, which I tightly shut the moment his lips make contact with my neck, a desperate attempt to escape this horrifying nightmare.

Someone help... please! 

"Interesting," I hear somebody say, and suddenly, I find myself falling to the floor, my body still numb and unable to ease the fall. A groan escapes me as I look up to the person who has interrupted us. His body is muscular, and his face is remarkably handsome. He's slightly smaller than the other guy, but what truly catches my attention is his blue hair—messy and shaved on the sides, perfectly suiting him.

They are both so handsome, what the hell—

I quickly push those thoughts away, remembering the ominous intentions of the other one.

I can't move. Why can't I move??

3rd P.O.V

"What do you want, Carter?" Ryan exhales, rolling his eyes at his little brother.

"Damien summons us all to the Salon," Carter smirks, advancing closer and placing his hand on Ryan's shoulder.

"Don't think we didn't hear you guys. How rude of you for attempting to claim her all for yourself, Ryan. I'm hurt," he laughs loudly, and his words send shivers down Sky's spine, anticipation building for what's about to unfold.