CHAPTER 19 ~ Pain

TW: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS PHYSICAL ACTS OF VIOLENCE!!!

"Good evening Ryan."

"Annabelle. What a pleasure to see you." He says and takes her hand into his while giving it a soft kiss.

"I assume you're here for Damien?"

"I am indeed," She smiles, "Did he talk about our plans?"

"He mentioned a nice dinner by the lake." Ryan walks her to the salon where they take a seat.

"And you won't be coming with us?" She asks curiously. Ryan chokes on his tongue, coughing slightly as he tries to catch his breath.

"Pardon me?"

"Will you be joining us?" She asks and places her hand on top of his leg. Ryan can't help but tense up at her soft touch. He can't deny her beauty, her tenderness and her humanity are very appealing to him. But knowing what all his brothers feel for her is giving him the strength to brush her hand off.

Giving in to the pleasure means getting into the conflict that goes on between the brothers. Doing that causes trouble. Trouble he can not risk to put himself through because it would cause a second dispute between him and his father. After all, he has to be the perfect son and his father would not tolerate for him to let his guards down for a human.

"That does not sound like a wise idea. My brother is escorting you after all and I am sure he rather have his privacy."

"Oh... I understand." From the look of her face he can tell that his words upset her. But what is he supposed to do? The least he wants is more issues.

"But I am sure my brother will be more than enough company for you, m'lady. Ah! Speaking of the devil." Ryan smirks as Damien walks into the room.

"Oh please, Ryan. We know who the real devil is." Annabelle chuckles as the two immaturely mock each other like children. She gets up and gives Damien her hand who kisses it softly to greet her.

"You look terrific, dear. What an outstanding dress."

"You think so?" She chuckles while making a little turn, showing off her dress. Ryan watches the two and decided to get up to go to the kitchen.

"It was nice to see you, Ryan!" He turns around and puts one of his hands behind his back, bowing down.

"The pleasure was all mine, m'lady. I wish you a wonderful evening." Annabelle inhales deeply as Ryan leaves the room, looking after him.

"Are you ready to go? I have found the perfect spot for us to enjoy ourselves."

"I cannot wait." She smiles and wraps her arm around his as they walk towards the door.

After sitting on the grass for a while and enjoying the view, Annabelle decided to try one of the biscuits Damien has brought with them.

"Mmm... they taste fabulous! Who made these?"

"My mother. I'm glad you like them." He chuckles while lying down with his hands behind his head.

"Please tell her I said thank you," She looks down at Damien and can't help but take in his beauty. With her finger she gently traces the veins on his upper arm down to his chest.

"Your body is so muscular. I have never seen you without your clothing before," Damien opens his eyes and looks at her, gently caressing her back with one hand while the other remains behind his head, "You feel so comfortable with me."

"I do."

"Is this why you wouldn't want Ryan to be with us?" Damien inhales sharply as soon as she mentions his name. Of course she had to.