CHAPTER 4 ~ Only chance

I suggest playing the music when you read *play the music*. ENJOY!

DAMIEN'S P.O.V.

I watch the moonlight reflecting on her brown shiny hair. Her back is faced to me and my arm is wrapped around her body. She looks so peaceful while she is sleeping. I wanted to make sure that she doesn't wake up and that her heartbeat normalizes itself again, so staying seemed to be the best option.

My mind's been all around Ryan and how close he from hurting her. I hate what he is doing and wish he would just stop after all those years. He can get any girl he wants so what makes him want to torture her?

I take a deep breath and slowly unwrap my arm from her and pull up the blanket to her shoulder instead, tucking her in. I watch her one more time before slowly making my way to the door, not wanting to wake her up.

"I'm not sleeping." I hear her say and turn around fast.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Did I wake you?" I ask but she only shakes her head slightly. I stand there and rub my neck, not knowing whether I should say something or not.

"Damien?"

"Yes???" I say as soon as she says my name, immediately embarrassed for my concerned tone, facepalming myself.

"What do you think will happen when we die?" She says and looks out of the window while she cuddles herself up to the blanket.

"I'm a vampire. I won't die so I never asked myself that question."

"When I was young and found out that we will all die one day I cried a lot... I couldn't bear the thought of losing the people I love and I was scared because of the unknown that happens after..."

"I'm sure many human children think that way, Sky. Maybe even adults do." I say tapping my chin and walking to the nightstand, pouring in some water for her.

"My mom used to tell me that when we die we can choose any moment in our life that we can get back to and live out for as long as we want, then the next moment, then the next and so on, but we can also choose new adventures with the people we love... that made me so happy. It made my fear disappear. But she also said we have to enjoy life as much as we can so we'll be able to live happily after..." I listen to every word she says and can hear the sadness in her voice which awakens the curiosity in me of what might have happened to her mother.

"And do you still believe it?"

"I don't believe in anything. But now that I've met you guys I started to question everything that humanity believes in... none of all this corresponds with our physics, science, it carries no logical explanation." She says and turns to her back, propping herself up. She tries to reach for the water that I rather hand her so she doesn't have to move too much.

I look down at her throat and see the bruises that Ryan's roughness has left on her. Taking a deep breath, I try my best to control my anger.

SKY'S P.O.V.

I look up to Damien and notice something in his eyes that has changed. They have turned from silver to pitch black and the veins on his throat are sticking out, showing that he is raging right now.

"Damien?" I say but he doesn't seem to react, so I take his hand gently into mine. But before I get to say his name again, he storms out of the room slamming the door shut as he runs away at his vampire speed. Trying to understand what has just happened, I sit there my eyes wide in shock.