CHAPTER 28 ~ The Past Part 3

Sky inhales sharply, cautiously stepping closer to Drago while maintaining a certain distance.

"You wanna know what I find funny, Ms. Pierce?"

Oh my god. He called me Pierce. There is no way he does not know anything.

He advances, causing Sky to stumble back against the kitchen island. She doesn't dare to meet his eyes, fear palpable in her gaze. When Drago suddenly takes her hand, she flinches.

"No worries, I'm just checking." His gaze fixes on her bruised knuckles, slowly taking them up to his lips, where he pecks them gently. "You're trembling, little one."

"I'm not trembling; I just can't stand you," Sky retorts, unsure where this sudden bravery, or stupidity, or maybe that death wish is coming from. Drago chuckles and slowly releases her hand.

"I've heard about your encounter with your father. It must have been quite intense, hm?" He asks in a mischievous tone. Remembering the recent hospital incident stirs up some feelings within Sky, but she decides to keep her thoughts to herself, sensing that he wants to provoke a reaction.

"It was an unexpected, but I manage."

"I'm sure you do," he chuckles, reaching behind her to pour himself a glass of whiskey, basically pressing his body against hers. She tries not to make eye contact with him, but Drago's eyes are fixed on her face. "Please, have a drink with me." Opening the cabinet door, he retrieves another glass and pours it with whiskey as well.

"I... I don't drink."

Especially not with the likes of you, dude.

"I'd really prefer to be alone today. Excuse me." Just as she's about to turn around to leave, he grabs her shoulder, shaking his head.

"Ms. Pierce, where are your manners? In my time, we appreciated the gesture of being offered a drink by the host."

You mean like 100000 years ago?

"Yeah... I don't know if you've noticed but nowadays people technically get to choose what they do with their time." A sharp exhale escapes Sky's lips, and she nods without looking him in the eyes. They go to the salon and sit down on two different couches. The glass trembles slightly in her hands. She considers placing it down on the table, but Drago stops her.

"Cheers, then?" Drago smirks, savoring a hearty gulp of his whiskey. Sky lifts the glass to her lips, the pungent aroma assaulting her senses. Not much of a drinker, and being a lightweight, the proximity to Drago fills her with dread. The idea of increased vulnerability in his presence frightens her. She coughs at the taste, prompting a laugh from Drago.

"So, couldn't help but catch wind that you fancy my son; Carter."

"What?"

Is he serious? Who does he think he is? Gossip Girl?

Rolling her eyes, Sky recalls Zachary's words. "I'm not. I respect Carter, and he's a nice guy, but there's nothing more. I'm afraid Zachary's been feeding you lies," she says with annoyance, downing the remainder of her whiskey. "Fu-" She starts coughing uncontrollably, on the verge of a gag. Drago grins and refills her glass. Sky glares at him as he takes another sip from his own. Is he mocking her? At least that's what she thinks.

Eager to bring this ordeal to an end, she empties the glass, feeling the burning sensation fill her stomach, the heat spreading through her chest as the liquid descends. Sky takes deep breaths, the onset of dizziness quicker than anticipated.

"You don't look well, Ms. Pierce. Maybe we should call it quits. Don't want your fragility to ruin all the fun for me." His words hit her in all the wrong places, her face flushing with anger. Despite that, Sky can't suppress a laugh at the hypocrisy of the man. "What's so funny, hm?" He grins at her. Leaning on the armrest, her fist under her chin, she smirks at him.