CHAPTER 27 ~ The Past Part 2

Sky, caught in the relentless current of events, finds herself colliding with Drago, the enigmatic figure whose presence exudes a sense of foreboding. As their eyes briefly meet, there's a fleeting acknowledgment in Drago's gaze, a recognition that doesn't quite pierce the veil of Sky's disguise.

"I am so sorry," Sky utters, a hurried apology, and continues to walk past him, instinctively pulling up the scarf to shield herself further from the perceptive eyes of those around her. However, Drago, seemingly unperturbed by her hasty apology, calls out to her.

"You. Come here, girl."

Sky's breath catches in her throat at the command, a sinking realization that escape might not be as simple as she hoped. Slowly turning to face Drago, she meets his scrutinizing gaze, a tension thickening the air around them. Drago, without a word, seizes her by the arm, his grip firm and unyielding.

"What— What are you doing?!" Sky panics, her plea falling on deaf ears as Drago swiftly transports them into a room, the sudden displacement disorienting. Pinned against a wall, the strength and speed Drago possesses become starkly evident, leaving Sky feeling vulnerable in the presence of this formidable vampire.

Sky's heart races as she gazes up at Drago, his towering figure casting a shadow over her. In that moment, she grapples with the duality of his appearance – a mesmerizing beauty veiling a sinister threat. The realization that this man, beautiful and terrifying, is the harbinger of Annabelle's fate and the destiny of Ryan's unborn child weighs heavily on her.

Terrified yet resolute, Sky contemplates her limited capabilities as a human in the face of these supernatural beings. The disparity in strength is undeniable, leaving her feeling like an insignificant ant amidst giants. However, a spark of determination flickers within her – a recognition that perhaps, in this world of shadows and secrets, there might be a way to influence the course of events.

Drago, captivated by the unveiled beauty before him, forcefully removes the scarf, revealing Sky's features that seem to mesmerize him. He inhales deeply, savoring the sweet scent that emanates from her. His demand for her name hangs in the air, and Sky, feeling the pressure of the situation, stammers before uttering, "Pierce." She discloses her surname in an attempt to solidify her fabricated identity.

"Pierce?" Drago's abrupt release of her, stepping back, hints at a peculiar recognition. "It's a very unusual name, is it not? Say, who are your parents?"

With a concocted tale of parental loss, Sky weaves a narrative to shield herself from the probing inquiries. Drago, however, remains skeptical, pressing for more details about her connection with Annabelle. Sky, navigating the delicate dance of half-truths and evasions, insists that their encounters have been sporadic.

Unconvinced, Drago, with a calculated move, closes the distance once more. Gripping her chin, he tilts her head, exposing her delicate neck.

"What are you doing-" The vulnerability of the situation sends shivers through Sky's body, and in desperation, she pleads for mercy, promising to leave immediately. Drago, undeterred, lowers himself, his fangs sinking into her skin.

"YOU'RE HURTING ME!" Sky's cry of pain reverberates in the confined space, her fingernails clawing into Drago's shoulders as her world is consumed by agony and fear.

Drago, perplexed by the taste of Sky's blood, steps back, the revelation unsettling him. He studies her, the realization dawning upon him. "Your blood... is sinned?" The shock on Sky's face is evident as she grapples with the unraveling of her fabricated identity. Panic sets in as she contemplates how to navigate the treacherous currents of this unfolding truth.

"I've tasted blood like yours before. Your bloodline..." Drago's attempt to piece together the puzzle is evident, confusion clouding his formidable presence. "But this can't be. You shouldn't be alive," he utters, the revelation challenging the very fabric of his understanding.