CHAPTER 7 ~ Behind closed doors

Sky is giving her best to down the sandwich she's made, trying to not let Carter and Anthony know that she is a miserable cook.

*gag*

"Ehm... You don't have to eat that, you know?" Carter says while trying to hold back his laughter as she gags at the taste of the food.

But Sky feels hungry. Her belly has never felt so empty before and her body is craving to be filled with food. She hasn't even felt this hungry when she was on her period.

Now that she thinks of that, she is concerned about this topic. How would vampires react to a woman who is on her period?

"Ehm-"

"No. Please. First swallow then talk." Anthony says repulsively as Sky was about to talk with a full mouth. Annoyed and feeling rebellious she continues to speak while chewing her food, kind of disgusted by her own actions herself.

"How do you guys react when a woman is on her period?"

Carter chuckles and pets her head.

"Oh come on, Skypiece. You're hardly a woman." He teases and gets his hand removed from the top of her head.

"And you think trying to make me feel less of a woman is funny? I'm serious. Clearly I am stuck with you... things, so I want to know what I have to be ready for since running away was no option." She says annoyed, thinking about the things that Ryan has done and said.

As she remembers his actions she places her hand on her healed neck, brushing the once damaged skin which is now as good as new. She has so many questions and hopes for them to be answered.

"How did you guys do this? Why is your venom healing me? I thought venom is supposed to kill people or turn them into vampires like in those movies."

Carter walks towards the kitchen counter to prepare a meal for Sky while thinking about a good way to explain some things to her without telling her too much.

"Our venom is what helps us to heal fast. It's automatically in our system and if we want to, we are able share it with others."

"Wait so if you guys can heal people does that mean you are able to heal cancer, too??"

"No."

"Oh... I see."

Carter looks away from her and puts some garlic and hot pepper into a hot pan with oil in it.

"Hope you like it spicy" He says and turns it on a higher flame.

"And... why didn't Ryan do that instead of just leaving me to die? He told me that he won't let me die so why didn't he just heal me right away? Is it because he wanted me to suffer? He even asked if I was crying because he wouldn't just killing me..." Carter furrows his eyebrows at her words and turns around to her, moving towards her fast which scares her slightly.

Sky looks up to him in confusion and shifts uncomfortably in her seat, deciding to better look away and to not make eye contact.

"He really asked that?"

Anthony looks up to Carter and walks to the counter to check on the food.

"Well... yeah."

"How did he say it?"

"I- I don't know- he asked... 'are you crying because you're scared to get killed or... because I didn't kill you'... I won't forget those words. They made me shutter because in that moment I really wasn't sure about th- HGH!"

Carter cuts Sky off by shoving a piece of bread in her mouth.

"Shh. I have to think." He rubs his chin.