Fear

I wonder how long I can keep them apart before people get so mad they stop reading...
-Author

Luca POV
Its been at least a month since Alberto ran away, I've been worried sick. I kept thinking about him, his laugh, his eyes, his body, his lips... I missed him so much. I kept looking around Portorosso and even the areas in the water but I still couldn't find him. Eventually I gave up looking and decided to head back to my old house to lay on my old bed. I entered the house and sighed heavily with a single tear running down my face, I sat on my bed and stared at where my Grandmother used to sleep. I see a pair of beautiful green eyes stare back. I screamed and backed up against my wall, "L-Luca?" The figure spoke. I didn't say a word and just stared as the figure came out of the shadows, Alberto.

Alberto POV
       I had been crying into my thighs because of the horrible and yet wonderful dream I had. I peek out of my legs see Luca come in and sit down at his bed and look at me, he didn't realise I was there because the shadows were blocking me. I slowly look up at him "L-Luca?" I asked, I hear a scream and see him backing away into the wall behind him. I see Luca slowly relax from his tense position, he just stared at me... weird. "I uh..." I tried to say but I was afraid, afraid of what he would say to me, it seemed like he wanted to get something off his chest but he didn't

                              Luca, I want to tell you everything            but I'm scared

Luca POV
       Alberto was there, right in front of me, Gosh he looked so hot. "Alberto... I- I was" I felt tears building up in my eyes as I pulled him into a tight hug. "I'VE MISSED YOU SO MUCH!" I screamed into his shoulder as I cried even harder. I felt his hand lightly stroking the back of my head while I kept my head on his shoulder. "It's ok Luca..." I hear him say. I tilt my head up and look him in the eyes, my hands still wrapped around his neck, I leaned in... and got pushed away.

Alberto POV
      HE WAS RIGHT THERE! I SHOULD HAVE KISSED HIM! I had to suppress these urges and I pushed him away. I look back at him and see his eyes full of sadness, I swam closer to him and hugged him. "I'm sorry for leaving Luca but I..." He put his finger on my lips shutting me up, "No Alberto, I'm sorry it was my fault for breaking up with you..." "I get it Luca, you don't feel the same way it's alright." He shook his head "It's not alright! I- I should have talked it through with you! I was being unfair to you!" I put my hand on his cheek and he looked into my eyes. "I forgive you Luca... so friends?" I stuck my hand out to him he took it into his own "Friends" he gave me a warm smile which made my heart melt.

Luca POV
       Friends? FRIENDS!? HE WANT US TO BE JUST FRIENDS!? I was mad, sad and annoyed all at the same time but I realised that if he didn't love me anymore then I guess it was alright. I couldn't force him to love me. We sat on my bed in silence until I broke it, "So you've been here this whole time?" I asked. "Yeah, I've been living off of the food I find down here." "Have you gone up to the surface yet?" "Nope, I haven't. I never leave here unless it is absolutely necessary." He turns to me. I see his sad, tired expressions and I felt my heart ache. This was my fault. "Let's go to the surface. Massimo has been so worried. And... Giulia and I need to talk to you." I say grabbing his hand and leading him in the direction of Portorosso. We reach the shore and I help him up and I shake off the water turning into my human self, he tries to stand but falls to his knees. I hold my hand out for him to take it, he pushes it away and stands up he staggers and almost fall until I catch him and put my arm around his shoulders. "T-thanks, I'm a little rusty" "Point your feet where you want to go and just catch yourself before you fall, remember?" I reminded him, he chuckled a little "I guess the student has become the master." He jokes in a wise accent. I laugh and he gets the hang of walking again and I let him go. "Cmon let's go!" I grab his wrist and run through town passing various townspeople, houses and shops on the way to Massimo'a house. I push open the gate and Massimo looks up at us and smiles, "Alberto! Luca!" He brings us into a tight hug almost crushing me, "H-hello Massimo" I wheeze. I see Alberto in tears, Massimo let us go when he noticed him crying "What's wrong Alberto?" Alberto looked up "I- I thought you- you didn't care about me and gave up looking for me." Alberto stuttered. "Of course I never gave up looking Alberto, I asked around the entire town everyday to see if anyone had seen you." Massimo reassured him. "Oh! Giulia might want to speak with you, she is in her room" Massimo said pointing to the stairs, we nodded and began heading up the stairs.

Alberto POV
       I was nervous, I was scared here we were standing outside of her door. This was it. The confrontation