You're Here...

Alberto POV:

What has it been? About three years now. Three years and still no sight off Luca.

Guilia and I kept searching for him every time she stayed over for the Summer. I had even  stayed up all night at one point walking along the edges of Portorosso in hopes that by some miracle I ran into him but still nothing.

Guilia was coming back today.

I had told Oliver everything, from he first time I had ever met Luca to until we had started to feel for each other. He was sad at first like anyone would be, but then he had smiled looked over at me and pulled me into a hug. "Why didn't you tell me silly? I'm happy just being your friend, I had no idea you had someone else. Although maybe I should have asked first." I smiled sadly at the thought. Oliver, Guilia and I had started to hang out after our regular patrols along the town, even Oliver volunteered to the search.

Luca's family had not taken his disappearance quite well. They had cried until they calmed down and said that they would wait for him to return and would  help searching around Portorosso too. 

I was walking around the fountain of Portorosso, my hands following the engravings in the stone. After a few rounds I sighed heavily and plopped myself down on the hard stone rim of the fountain. 

A slight breeze blew some tray hair from my face. My hair was about the same however I had cut it a little just to try out a new look.

I saw another boy walking through Portorosso with his hands in his pockets. The boy was tan with long silky hair which was slightly curled, he wore tired eyes and was about as tall as me, he wore a green shirt with blue shorts.  Confused, I went up to him and waved. He pulled both his hands from his pockets and waved back, and strolled up to me. "Hi" He said, his voice was a little deep but not so much like an adult's voice. "Hey" I replied giving him a small smile, he returned it by giving me a sad one.

"Alberto!" I hear Guilia shout from behind me. I turn around and see her and Oliver running towards me, "Hey Guilia, welcome back!" I greet her as she pulls me into a hug. "Who's this?" Oliver asks, motioning to the boy standing behind me.

Oliver walks up to the boy and holds his hand out, "Oliver Rosso. Nice to meet you" He says with a smile.

It was that moment, I realized who this boy was in front of us. Our best friends. The one who I had caused to much pain.

"Luca, Luca Paguro" The boy said and shook Oliver's hand. "L-Luca?" Guilia stuttered. Luca turned to look at her the smiled slightly, "It's been a while hasn't it, Guilia?" I teared up. Finally, he was back. Our  search was over. We could rest in peace after so many years.

"You look so different" Guilia said in shock. He really did. Then Luca turned to me, he opened his arms out in a welcoming way. I went into them and hugged him tightly feeling his arms wrap around me. I let the tears flow freely from my eyes, "I missed you so much!" I cried into his shoulder and I felt his chest rumble as he chuckled, "I missed you too Alberto."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We spent the rest of the day hanging out in our group of four. The sun was beginning to set now.

Luca explained that he had seen me and Oliver and his anger and sadness caused him to run away, he swam so far out that he got lost and couldn't find his way back. He had been living in any town he could find, then one day he decided to try and find his way back with a map he obtained during one of his stays in a town. He followed the map until he found the tower then from there he knew his way around.

We hung out until Oliver had gotten tired and left for his home. Guilia wanted to break the news of Luca's return to Massimo and Luca's family. That left me and Luca alone.