Yesterday Is In The Past

Real quick author's note.

Wow. 

40 parts already? Its been really fun writing this and I'm gonna continue now but I'll still take some breaks to check up on myself and my mental health.

Thank you to all of you who stayed up until now to read my story. Thanks for putting up with all my typos and weird writing style. I've been improving myself and my writing and I really appreciate all the support. <3

~~~

Alberto POV:

I awake to an empty bedroom.

I slowly sit up, noting the neatly folded up sleeping bag beside my bag.

"Luca?" I call out for him but receive no response. I slowly get up off his bed and I procced to fix it up neatly.

"You don't have to do that you know?" I jump at the sudden noise and turn to see Luca leaning against the door frame holding a spatula.

He holds a hand out to me, "Sorry for scaring you, but we're home alone today because my parents took my grandmother sightseeing to somewhere." Luca says as he helps me up. "Anyways, want breakfast?" He asks

"Yeah, that would be great" It was only at this moment that I realized actually how hungry I really was.

"Well then c'mon I made us some pancakes." He motions downstairs and I promptly follow him. On the table was a plate of fluffy light pancakes which made my mouth water. It was topped with a small slab of butter and some powdered sugar.

"H- How did you..." I ask dumbfounded, "Well I had to feed myself somehow right? So I took up a part time job at a small café." He states as he plops the spatula in the sink.

"Well, its great you learnt how to cook but it would have been better under different circumstances." I run my along the wooden table all the way down to my seat. I pull out the chair as Luca grabs a bottle of maple syrup from the kitchen counter. Luca hadn't replied to my words then.

"Looks great Luca" I follow up, trying to lighten the mood which I had brought down. 

Luca POV:

I know Alberto was just speaking his mind but it kind of hurt every time the topic surfaced again.

"Let's just- Let's eat Alberto." I say as I hand him the maple syrup and take a seat opposite him. The atmosphere was tense which caused the silence between us to somehow get worse.

We take our seats about an arms length away from each other.

There was complete silence other than the clink and clank of silverware on our plates. I finish my first pancake while Alberto was already on his second. I look at him with a pancake stuffed in his mouth and snicker. He looks up and meets my eyes.

"Whufs up?" He says through the food, "Glutton" I chuckle a little as I see him try to swallow but almost puke.

"Well its not my fault that your cooking is amazing" Alberto says as he cuts into his third.

Wow how does he eat so fast?

About ten minutes later we were both done so we had been up in my room talking. I was lying on the floor as he sat up on my bed.

~~~

"...I mean if we are talking same size and strength who would win in that scenario. The chicken or the lizard?" He asks, how we got to this discussion I have no idea.

"Honestly speaking I believe that the chicken would win, talons y'know?" I reply

I sit up and look at the clock hanging on my wall, 1:27. 

Wow, time flies.

I hear Alberto fall back on my bed. I was honestly enjoying his company and this felt really comforting to know that he still cares for me.

"Hey Al-" I cut myself off as I see him fast asleep on my bed. I stand there looking at him for a while, his chest rising and falling, that carefree look on his face... cute.

I shift him over so that he wouldn't fall off if he turned and gave him a quick peck on the cheek.

I close the door so there is only a crack of light peeking through. 

Alberto POV:

PFFFT-

I was struggling so hard not to pull him in.

I really do love him, am I sure he loves me back?

What was that peck just now?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH SO MANY QUESTIONS!