With Me

Alberto POV:

Dinner was nice.

It was calm and comforting.

We joked around with Luca and ate spaghetti. It was late and Luca had to get home so I offered to walk him back.

~~~~

"So," He began "Why'd you want to walk me back again? You know I'm capable of getting home right?" I smile at his statement.

"Of course I know you are more than capable but I'm not gonna let my mistakes lead to you disappearing again." I say as I look at the ground in front of me. "Ah! Sorry for ruining the mood Luca." I apologize. "No no. You have every right to be cautious."

We walk up to the steps of his house and we look at each other. 

"So I guess this is where we part ways for today huh?" I say as I look up at his door, "It doesn't have to be." Luca states. "What do you mean?" I ask confused "You could always, y'know, spend the night?" He answers

"W-Well do you want me to?" I stutter, he looks into my eyes and nods slowly. "I just- I want things to go back to being the way they were even though I know they will never be." He rubs his arm as if to comfort himself.

"Well then I'll grab my stuff. But I need to tell Massimo first, be right back." I say as I run off to prepare for the night.

Luca POV:

I watch as Alberto slowly leaves my sight. I sit myself down on the stairs and lean my head against the door.

I fall backwards suddenly and I see the upside down faces of my parents.

 "Luca? What are you doing outside?" My mom asks, "Just waiting on Alberto, is it alright if he stays the night?" I should have asked her that before I asked Alberto to stay but what's done is done.

"Uhh sure, if that's what you want" She replies, "Thanks, could you close the door so I have something to lean my head against." I request and she chuckles then shuts the door slowly. I lean my head on the door and close my eyes, slowly letting out a sigh.

"Luca!" I hear Alberto call out my name and I perk up. I stand up with a grunt and open the door when he reaches me, after entering my room he plops his stuff down and begins setting up a sleeping bag.

"Uhhh, Alberto?" I was sitting on my bed, "Yeah?" He turns to me after looking satisfied with what he had done. "You didn't need to bring that y'know?" I chuckle at him, "Where else would I sleep?" He asked. "Honestly, clueless are you?" I laugh out loud, "Here!" I tap the bed, "On the bed? With you?" He asks

"Yeah! Why not right?" I say as I jump on my bed and look up at the ceiling. "Huh. I never noticed all the decorations around my room before, they seem quite new." I observed, "Yeah uh, I kinda decorated a little to surprise you but that was when you were..." Alberto's voice trailed off.

"Sorry, I'm a real mood killer tonight I don't know why." I see Alberto facepalm himself. I rub his back comfortingly, "Its not your fault. Anyways, we should get some sleep." I suggest and he agrees.

~~~~

Alberto POV:

It was about the middle of the night and I was extremely tired. I had stayed talking to Luca about things we felt or things we thought we could do now that he had returned. Luca was on his bed and I was on my sleeping bag. It didn't feel right to sleep on the same bed as him so I declined his offer at the time.

The past few minutes had been excruciatingly silent.

Luckily Luca broke the silence. "Hey Alberto?" I sat up, "Yeah?" I could see him sit up despite how dark it was. "Could- Could you come and sleep with me?" 

"What?" I ask completely confused, I thought I heard him wrong. "Could you come sleep with me" He repeated with more confidence in his voice, "I- I don't know, it doesn't feel right to me. After all I've done to you, I don't deserve it."

He swung his legs over the side of the bed so they were dangling. 

"Well it doesn't matter if you deserve it  or not, its what you want to do." He says. He honestly had a point. So I wiggle my way out of my sleeping bag and walk up to him.

He looks up at me and his eyes follow me as I sit down beside him. "Thanks," He says after a while.

Luca POV:

I watched as Alberto sat himself down on my bed and I thank him.

I couldn't sleep without him. It was hard to sleep without him when I was away, so most nights were spent contemplating life and staying up all night. So having the chance at a nice sleep was one I wouldn't pass up.

"Good night Luca." I hear him say as he lay down on the bed. I follow suit and I lay flat on my back, "Night Alberto." I reply.

After I'm sure he has fallen asleep I give him a quick peck, "I love you." Then sleep soon came.

"Was that what you guys wanted? HUH?!"

-Author