Chapter 29: Night Walker

“Lee, you scared me, God.” with two long strides, he stood in her front his frame towering over her, his presence made her heart melt, she looked up into his searching eyes in the dark.

Her brain deserted her or at least that was how she felt, with jumbled thoughts and a heavy heart, she couldn’t move her mouth that she won't be surprised if she looked down and saw it padlocked. She turned for the briefest moment when she heard him move and tried to look back into his eyes.

She didn’t know when he’d gotten so close, his cologne overwhelmed with his whole presence, somehow she didn’t care how he got there or why he was there, he was with her and that was enough for her.

She mustered up enough courage and tried to look back up at him again when she felt ever so slightly his lips on hers, a small peck, he moved back too quick she thought it was a fragment of her imagination. She heard him exhale and she wanted to protest, to push him away because it was so wrong, so so wrong but oh did it feel right, too right and against her better judgment, she wound her arms around his neck and brought him back and joined their lips together, and she felt peace, he is her sanctuary, it feels like home, and she knew, she knew she is home.

Yes, home.

“Lee?” she turned to him with a small smile which he returned. “What's wrong?” he asked seeing her smile falter, she tried to put the smile back on but her lips quivered and he got it. He hugged her to him, running his fingers through her hair “Don't think about it.” He sighed, he would much rather live with her in this bubble with no worries about the real world until it had to end, which will be sooner than he would have wanted.

Who was he kidding, he didn't want it to end, ever.

With her head in the crook of his neck, he used his index finger to make her look up at him, her eyes were sad which made his heart ache, he felt like something or rather someone with large calloused hands was squeezing it, trying to inflict an amount of pain he couldn’t decipher.
He couldn't explain the things she did to him and frankly he didn't want to put meaning to it. She met his gaze and turned again, moving closer to him trying to find comfort in his scent.

He glanced at his wrist watch and sighed, his escape time was over, anyone might enter though he didn’t really care, if anything he’d want someone to see them, he wanted the world to know she was his, but as much he wanted to be selfish, he wanted her to be ready because he was going to do anything and everything in his power to make her his, and it was a promise.

“Lee?” her eyes met his for the briefest moment before she turned, she tried again but ended up looking elsewhere, maybe it would hurt less when she doesn't see the emotion in his eyes.

“I love you.” he whispered and planted a kiss on her forehead, without another word he stood up and walked out, leaving her with her eyes shut.

Layla opened her eyes when she'd heard the small click, meaning he's left and she felt, she knew it, maybe then for good. She used every restraint in her life to stop from running after him, her beldum, hers.

Dr. Sakinah peered at the man from her office window, she’d desperately wanted it to be the trick of the light, or that she was hallucinating, anything but the actual truth, but then could she actually hallucinate seeing her daughter in a man’s arm in her hospital, it is close to impossible except it was possible and worst of all, it was true. She watched as he got into the car, his outfit had been all black as if trying to fit with the darkness but his fair skin stood out, even then she could make out his features and she sighed holding her head in her hands thinking back to last night.

Her shift had ended before she received her husband’s panicked call, so she decided to stay longer and check her step daughter, not that she didn’t trust the hospital, she’d wanted to be there for the young woman.