Chapter 76: Moments With You

I have many people to dedicate this chapter to but listing the names is going to be hard.
If you took even a second to comment, this is dedicated to you and thank you for putting a smile on my face.

It's Friday again, did you recite suratul Kahf?
It's not too late 🌚

•••••

Ya Allah, forgive the souls of the departed and have mercy upon their souls. Elevate their stations and grant them Jannatul Firdaus.

Juma'at Mubarak ✨

••••••

Khadijah had about five different scenarios of how that conversation would’ve ended had Suleiman being in Fahad’s place, the former was someone she couldn’t question because to him whatever he did was right and she was the woman and that automatically put her in the wrong.

He sighed again before his voice finally reached her ears, soft but sure and firm but most importantly sincere and true.

“I had nothing to do with that.” It didn’t take much but she believed him, she had no reason to not believe him and she would give herself credit for that.

Suleiman hadn’t ruined her completely since she was able to trust someone after everything that has happened.

She didn’t ask him to but he elaborated.

“It is a long story and I really want to tell you all of it but,” he expelled another breath. “I don’t think I can right now but I promise, I had nothing to do with it.” She nodded and let herself be calm.

Her body went lag against his the fatigue taking over, she wondered how she could be tired again after sleeping for the better part of the day, the only times she left the bed was when she wanted to relieve herself or when she had prayed but that was where it stopped so she had no idea where the fatigue was coming from.

“If I sleep now, how many minutes will I have until asr?” the question was random to Fahad but he replied nevertheless.

“Don’t worry I’ll wake you up.” A huff of a breath left her lips and that was it. She let the feel of his hand stroking her arm lull her to sleep.

*****

“What are you doing? Move.” Aneesah groaned shoving Huda softly but her younger sister shook her head and pulled her hand dragging her away from the door.

“Where are we going? Let go of me Huda!” she commanded and she did her bidding then, but only because they were about four doors away and in an exaggerated whisper, she spoke. “They are sleeping and you are so loud.”

“I am not loud and what do you mean ‘they’? It is just a she.” Huda rolled her eyes silencing her mother’s voice in her head that told her that was a bad habit because she was already so used to it.

“Yes they, I saw them.” Sure she had moved back and willed her eyes to forget because she didn’t like intruding on ‘moments like that’ as she referred to it mentally but she couldn’t very well erase it completely since she obviously had to tell Aneesah that she knew would not let her get off the hook so easily.