Chapter 61: Sa Lalle

So sa Lalle basically means applying henna, literally, but it's an event during weddings where they design the bride's hands and feet and her friends.

Now that that's settled ,let's get to it, what's our hashtag peoplessssss?

Happy reading

••••••

Shaheed looked at his cousin with increduluty, he simply couldn't wrap his head around-well, everything.

He has been away for a month, a surprise to Fahad and almost everyone but they knew how he liked to leave, he would send a message after he is gone, a bad habit he couldn't stop. Fahad had only known a week after he left, and he just returned, to wedding preparations, he was baffled!

At first he'd wondered what was going on because there was entirely too much activities going on, then he saw Aneesah, Raina and Rahma together, he thought Aneesah came for a visit, but when he went further to greet his mother, ignoring the cousins he didn't really care about, he saw barr. Salima, and he told himself all was normal, maybe they visited as usual.

It wasn't until he saw the invitation card that it clicked, and then he felt light headed. He'd headed to his apartment where he was told the groom to be was, and now as he stared at Fahad looking like he wanted to be anywhere but there, he simply couldn't understand how it happened, or when, a little bit why too should be thrown in there.

"Tomorrow?" He asked, he thought he did because Fahad didn't look like he heard a thing but he did since he nodded a few seconds later.

"And you didn't see it fit to inform me?" Shaheed sounded hurt, he was hurt, for more reasons than one.

When Fahad didn't reply, he continued trying very hard to keep his voice in check, he wanted to vent his frustration somehow but Fahad already looked like he had a lot on his plate.

"You simply could've sent a text if you didn't want to call me Fahad," he ran his hands through his hair, "I knew about your-" he shook his head, deciding not to complete the sentence.

"I'm sorry," Fahad spoke finally, his voice was a bit hoarse, from lack of use probably, he has been in the room since morning.

"Sorry doesn't cut it, because Jawad knows doesn't he?" When he didn't reply, he got his answer, he let out a short mirthless laugh, "thought as much,"

He stood up to leave but Fahad's voice stopped him.

"I didn't know what to say, it all happened so fast and-"

"You had a month to decide, a month to think. I'm not that important, don't worry about it." He left the room with that, leaving Fahad whose mood wasn't all sunny to dim more.

Fahad brushed his hand over his face then massaged his temple, he felt like he hasn't slept in a month, since the date was set and with all the dreams and flashbacks or was it hallucinations, he really couldn't tell, it was probably that. Insomnia was his new best friend.

The thing with HSM, the planning, getting his siblings to not bombard Khadijah was a chore on his own, but the hardest had to be keeping the news underwraps, he couldn't afford to let Khadijah be dragged by the news, she already has a lot going on.

Speaking of which, he picked his discarded phone from the other end of brown leather couch, ready to dial Layla, she has been sort of an intermediate between him and Khadijah.

The latter was in shock, he guess he could call it that. He hadn't expected her father's response half as soon as it came and after his mother's outburst, her husband somehow calmed her down, so a week after that, they did the official formal introduction and set the date immediately, to a month, the month that was already here.