Chapter 53: Dee's Silver 25

Heeeyyyyy
Important author's note at the end, please read.

“No! We are going out and I’m not taking no for an answer.” Khadijah groaned then eyed Layla to show her annoyance, “Groan all you want, you’re coming with me, if you like moo like a cow you’re still coming with.” She mimicked Khadijah making grunting noises that made Kamla double over in laughter.

“You two are comedy gold,” Maryam, the daughter of Hajiya Amina who helped Kamla said with admiration.

“I can’t believe you’re all in support of this kidnapping,” Khadijah grunted again but stood up nevertheless and headed to her closet to look for what to wear before Layla decided she didn’t want to be nice again.

“Yes whatever, we are going out!” Layla declared with finality.

A few moments later, Khadijah walked out freshly showered wearing an Aegean and cerulean blue lace sewn into a peplum blouse and six pieces skirt, she tied the headtie in the ture kaga tsiya style but covering her hair that was plaited into knotless braids by Kamla, she picked a sapphire colored veil and wrapped it around her upper body, with a flint Chloe purse in her grasp, Layla made a hooting sound though it didn’t sound quite right to anyone but she didn’t seem to notice or care.

“Mehhnnn, babe you’re giving us a run for our money,” she gushed walking over to her, she pulled her into a hug and told her how beautiful she looked. “Forget yellow, no one rocks blue like you.”

“Okay okay, let me get my jewelry.” Khadijah said ambling towards the vanity.

“Who are you dressing up for?” Kamla asked wiggling her eyebrows.

“Myself,” she answered rummaging through drawer, she picked a Luxe water drop cubic zircon drop earrings and put it on and closed the jewelry box, she felt Layla’s glare which made her open it back, she picked the bracelet and ring then returned the box which still contained the necklace. She wore the ring on her right middle finger.

“You still have that your ring on.” Layla commented on Khadijah’s silver band that she’d loved right from secondary school.

“I had it resized,” she replied to Layla’s question on how it still fit.

“I love it though, it’s so simple.” Maryam remarked taking in the simple ring.

“Let’s go guys.” Layla clapped her attention on the two girls sitting comfortably, they both stared at her blankly. “You didn’t think you weren’t coming with did you?” she eyed them, they both stumbled rushing to get dressed, she turned to Khadijah who looked amused, “I’m driving.”

“I’m very happy about it.” She replied sitting on her bed.

“Well, how does twenty five feel? I’ve known for quite a bit.” She flipped invisible hair and smirked at her best friend.

“You’re so cocky.” She retaliated with a smile on her face.

“It’s got me this far,” she picked her phone and turned to Khadijah, “Here, I have to send a picture to Huda else she kills me”-she rolled her eyes-“She has been disturbing me since last night, I don’t even know how she knows it’s your birthday.”

“Her brother probably, he sent me a video of her singing a birthday song for me followed by a lot of compliments and a promise that I’ll love the gift she sent me.” Layla chortled, that sounded like Huda.

They left for Australia three weeks ago, she’d cried and begged to be left alone but she had to go back to school, she went on a talking strike that only lasted thirty minutes before she caved and started talking to her eldest brother, who left a week ago, done with his project.