Chapter 68: Down The Drain

I dare you to comment on each paragraph for an update before Monday.

Happy reading....

•••••••

"I believe you'll make an exception for me won't you, Hassan."

HSM os Hassan as the woman said inhaled sharply and turned to where she stood, looking regal as ever in the dim room.

The man that escorted her in was about to close the door when she waved him off, he left it open and left.

Fahad Ibrahim watched the exchange with an amused smile.

He still couldn't see the man's face well, so as it remained, he couldn't tell it was him when he saw him outside.

HSM on the other side felt as though he was punched in the gut by her sudden appearance, he knew she would come by one of these days, it was a surprise she took that long he'd breached her territory and she is extremely possessive.

He couldn't remember when last his heartbeat had been that unsteady but as he watched her strut further into the room with her shoulders held high, like she owned the place and everyone in it, his heart was beating so fast he was afraid she could hear it from where she was standing.

He knew she owned him and after all these years and everything they have been through, his heart still skilled a beat at the sight of her because she remained the one woman he loved, with all of him.

"Won't I receive a welcome?" She sat and crossed her legs on the only other chair in the room apart from his and the one Fahad was occupying. She was sitting where she could get a full view of his face.

He didn't want to hide, for the first time in more than twenty years.

"Make yourself at home," He mumbled almost inaudibly.

She smiled ignoring his hostility, there was nothing he could do to her.

Fahad Ibrahim though with the little light illuminating the room tried to make out her features but since now she was backing him, the only thing he could make out was her powerful aura.

A woman that left HSM speechless was surely not  your average woman.

"What brings you by?" Fahad pulled himself out of his thoughts paying rapt attention to their conversation.

He worked with HSM yes but he needed leverage if he wanted to make it out alive.

"How long have you been in town?" She asked instead.

That would've been a death sentence, ignoring him and questioning him, but she has always had her way with him, he couldn't fight her and she couldn't help taking advantage of that.

He thought of what to tell her. Lying was out of the option because chances are she already knew, no he was sure she knew and was just asking to test him.

"It has been a while." She rolled her eyes but didn't say anything.

"What brings you here Batool?" He asked unable to hold the silence any longer. He didn't like what her presence does to him so the sooner she stated the reason for her visit the earlier she leaves and he can go back to being at peace.