Chapter 64: A Leap

Hey darlings, sorry it took long to update, important author's note at the end, please read.

•••••

WEDDING DAY, 7:05AM

Asad shook his head with a frown etched on his face, he pointed at the paper on the table trying very hard not to bash the man's face in.

"What do you mean you haven't seen him?! He was here last night." He banged the table out of frustration.

"Okay look, we don't have time for this game you're playing, tell me what the hell happened with this man and how he got in yesterday," The man shook his head tears welling up in his eyes but Zayn didn't notice, or didn't care to notice.

He moved back and picked a paper then walked over to the man and kept it on the table.

"Zaliha Alhassan,," Zayn stated taking a seat opposite the man, "it would be a shame for her to be a widow, or you to be a widower don't you think?" The man shook his head then started pleading but Zayn didn't spare him a second glance, he collected the iPad that was in Asad's hand and turned it to the man's viewing.

A heavily pregnant woman in her late twenties stood on the side of the road, the worn out hijab doing nothing to protect her form the blasting sun. A girl who looked to be five years old stood beside the woman, holding her hands like her life depended on it.

"Your heavily pregnant wife," beads of perspiration were already on the man's forehead and with the tears in his eyes, he looked everything pathetic, which annoyed Asad more, for someone who was a threat to his family, he sure had no backbone.

"I have two snipers pointed at her, now you have five seconds to start talking or you'll watch them get shot" he tsked, "The idea of a single widow and orphan and doesn't sit well with me, a widower though, I can live with that."

He heard a phone beep and a deep voice resonated around the small room, "waiting on your order for execution sir."

"In five minutes if I don't stop you, go for it."

"Please please, I'll tell you everything I know but wallahi I was not part of it, I swear to almighty Allah I was not part of it, I was just there when he received the order but I didn't do anything, please please leave my wife and daughter alone." He cried trembling.

"Now we're getting somewhere," Asad muttered lazily, he sat beside Zayn who kept both phones aside, his hands folded on the table.

They wouldn't have executed the woman anyways, the man's loyalty of course didn't run that deep, they were right about that.

"Keep talking, I don't have time to waste, so let's get it over with we have a wedding to attend." That was from Zayn.

The man who had tears and snot running down his face, he didn't try to wipe either and mixed with the sweat, he was nothing short of disgusting, anyone would've been disturbed by the sight but being a military man, Asad has certainly seen worst and Zayn worked for the DA, defence agancy of Nigeria, the sight was a norm for him.

"It was two weeks ago, he was complaining about money and how the boss wasn't being fair, that he was getting a lot of money but paid the drivers a meager amount that wasn't enough for his lifestyle, he has a high state in things, he has three wives and eleven children," they both nodded for him to keep going, his voice got steadier the more he talked.

"He is always deep in debt before the month ends and sometimes he has run-over debts too,"

"Get to the point," Asad snapped tired of the sob story already.