Chapter 54: HSM

Night crawlers?
Hope y'all had a good day?

Happy Reading

Fresh cool breeze scented with the invigorating aroma of blossoming flowers floated into Layla’s room, she was seated near the window with a book in hand though her mind was far away. She couldn’t remember when last she was by herself like that and she realized she didn’t really miss it.

She was supposed to hang out with Khadijah at Sadiya’s place but she decided to go a little late, and since she has been working from home, she didn’t have to worry about that part of her life, she had all the time she needed to do what she wanted, and she spent a great deal of it with her best friend.

The twins who were four months old then, how time flies, were already sitting, they were just the cutest creatures, masha Allah, her phone rang breaking her train of thoughts, she checked the caller ID and sighed, the call she has been waiting for.

“You’re here?” the person on the other line affirmed.

“There aren’t much people at home, I’m in the upstairs living room,” that being said she, she hung up and kept the phone then picked her veil and wrapped it over herself, the knee length baggy shirt and tights she was wearing she decided were decent enough, with that, she walked to the living room and a few seconds later, he entered with the taslim.

“How have you been lee?” he asked resting his back on the comfortable sofa.

“Alhamdulillah,”

“You said you wanted to talk, Layla what really happened that day, did he try anything?”

“No actually, he did no such thing, he only said something and I think he is in some type of trouble,” She looked up at him with quizzical eyes.

“Layla he is involved with drugs and you’ve seen his circle, he is always in some sort of trouble, what is it this time?” he said running his hands though his hair, this wasn’t exactly what he had in mind after a seventeen hours flight, she’d called him the night before sounding unlike herself, she pleaded with him to come because she was ready to talk.

“No, hamma you don’t get it, I think he is in actual trouble now,” Fahad looked at her with questioning eyes meaning for her to elaborate.

“I think he’s involved with really bad people,”

He heard the seriousness in her voice and the undertone panic, “How bad?”

“International, have you heard of HSM?” he had a blank look on his face, he knows him then, “Well he said he has a message for you.”

**** **** **** 

Khadijah laughed at something Aifa said, the now six years old was so engrossed in her tale, she didn’t notice when her mother joined them.

“-And then I told miss Samson that I know babies don’t call names because I have a baby brother and sister, she didn’t say anything after that.” She finished with satisfied laughter.

“Aifa, are you torturing your teachers again?” she turned wide eyed to her mother who feigned a scolding expression.

“Erm, no mummy,” she smiled then looked around, before her mother could add anything to that, she ran to her brother and sister who were being punished by having to stay in their room for fighting again.

“Always works,” Sadiya said plopping on the chair beside Khadijah who was doing an amazing job with holding two babies at once.

“Sannu maman en biyu.” (Well done mother of twins) She laughed at her sister.