Chapter 66: Wedding Night

Dedicated to Fateemerhh_

No Honour is real except that of AL-MALIKUL-MULK" May Almighty Allah sustain our Honour, Uplift our dignity, Answer our prayers, Bless our home, Forgive our sins, purify our heart & grant us & our families unlimited Mercy & endless Favour Fid-duniya Wa Fil-Akhira.
Juma'at Mubarak

•••••••

It took Barr Salima a total of ten seconds to regain her composure, if you didn't look well you would not have noticed her slight pause.

Hajiya Fatima, mamie and also her sister in law was the first to speak.

"You changed your mind about seeing her with Ardo?" She smiled before nodding, her eyes still on Khadijah who was finding the carpeted floor very intriguing because her eyes were glued to it.

"I can at least say I saw her first." She walked the few steps and stood in front of Khadijah, she made to greet her by squatting but she held her up and pulled her into a hug. "We are a family of huggers."

Khadijah heard the smile in the older woman's voice, her body was warm and she smelled of expensive perfume and humra. There was something about the hug that almost undid Khadijah, she felt tears in her eyes but she sniffed them back.

"Good evening ma," Khadijah greeted in a soft voice. Her mother in law replied stepping out of the hug but she was close enough that her scent and warmth still enveloped Khadijah.

"You must be tired, go to bed okay, we'll meet tomorrow." Khadijah nodded.

Barr Salima turned to her niece and nodded, Layla walked forward and turned to leave when her aunt called her back and spoke in fulde eliciting laughter from Layla who had been the only that heard because she was closer to where they stood.

"Your laugh is funny." Khadijah commented when they were out of ear shot.

She got tired of counting the doors they passed and the turns they took and simply followed Layla blindly.

"You say that a lot." Layla turned still smiling.

"I make it a point to remind you." They stopped at a door on the far end of the hallway.

"It's not very appreciated." She pushed it open and stepped in, it was dark.

Khadijah heard Layla fumbling for a bit before she heard a switch come on and the room was bathed in light.

Layla huffed out a breath at the familiar setting. A king sized bed in the middle of the room, an almost empty dresser save for multiple cologne bottles, they were new, everything was spotless, from the white walls to the white bedspread.

At the far end stood a study table and chair, a prayer mat on the table.

Khadijah took in the large room which she would sleep in, it had a living area with two sofas and a matching carpet with the one near the bed. There was a large television on the TV stand and game controls in the front. Most of the furnitures were white only with a touch of brown or beige in a few places.