9. Glimpse of the Barkindo's

Hello angels, I've been smiling like a big loon all weekend, I can't believe we're at a THOUSAND reads, can you believe it? No words can explain how happy that made me, thank you all SO SO MUCH, you're the absolute best❤❤❤
So here's this update as a thank you since I can't give you all big bear hugs😘, and yes it's a double update.
Enjoy😘😘😘

Layla didn't know how they ended up on the road to Sadiya's house, last she remembered she was refusing to let Fahad make an advance on Khadijah, he coerced her and she somehow agreed to let him drop her off.

"You're manipulative you know that right?" She gave him a once over after telling him to take the turn for the street Sadiya lived.

"What can I say? It comes naturally to me, just like my ability to seal deals in a few minutes" he smirked at her.

"Cocky much" she rolled her eyes then pointed to the house, she told him to park outside and she would call her friend

She didn't understand his, 'i missed her' like he didn't see her hours ago, of course she rolled her eyes at him.

"Hey Dee, I'm outside already.....yeah....okay" she hung up then turned to him "she is coming, please please please don't...."

"Ssshhhh" his eyes were on the woman who walked out of the gate, she looked around with a confused look on her face, probably looking for a familiar car, she raised her phone to call Layla, he was sure.

He wanted to climb down from the car and talk to her but the confidence he had throughout the ride flew out the window the second she turned to the car when Layla rolled the window and called her. She was holding a toddler with her veil barely staying on her head, she hastily put it on that much he could gather, she was wearing a maroon Maxi dress, she had no makeup on but that didn't stop her from looking gorgeous.

"Stop it" Layla snapped him out of his reverie, he'd forgotten she was there.

"Stop what?" it was easier to act dumb.

"Stop checking her out, haven't you ever heard lower your gaze?" she eyed him making him scratch the back of his head.

"Bye" she made to get from the car before Khadijah could reach them, she knew she would murder her when she found out who was in the car.

"Lay-" his words got cut when she banged his car door and left, at least he knew somewhere to look for her, it hadn't occurred to him that it was not her house.

He sighed defeated and drove back home, he called his private investigator, not the most romantic way to know about her but he couldn't wait any longer.

"Oh my angels" Layla cooed hugging the kids, she loved children.

"Aunty Layla, I missed you so much" Hanan blew kisses her way, she couldn't help but laugh at the girl.

"I missed you more darling, Farha has been asking of you, we should go see them sometime what do you think?" the girl jumped singing.

Farha was Mahmud's daughter, they met at Khadijah's studio and have been best friends ever since.

"Okay okay, let's go watch that movie you said" they all followed Khadijah to the second living room that Sadiya turned to a theater.

Khadijah had wanted to ask Layla if it was Jawad that brought her but refrained from it, Layla wouldn't appreciate it and she knew. She was still curious as to why she didn't want to accept the man, he was handsome, nice and religious, has a very good sense of humor too, they were perfect for each other, maybe there was something beyond all that that she didn't want to be involved with.