Chapter 65: Amna

Dedicated to kollere happy birthday love, may Allah bless your new age.
She made me update with her multiple reminders.

Hope you all have been fine?
Did you miss me?
Happy reading.

•••••••

With a soft sigh, Khadijah sat up from the bed and looked around the dim lit room, she turned to her side and didn't see Layla's form, she must've gotten up early, she could remember when she returned later in the night, she'd been too tired and sleep hazed to open her eyes.

She raised her hands to push her plaited her back when she caught sight of the black henna that adorned it, the contrast to her dark skin made her like it more, she especially loved the one in her palm that was red. The sight felt strange to her, she couldn't remember when last she did that. Pushing those thoughts out and ambled to the bathroom for a hot bath, she got dressed in a simple bou-bou, the first thing her eyes saw.

•••••••••

"Hey good morning," She looked up from the book in her hand and smiled brightly at Kamla who was holding a medium sized tray in one hand and a paper bag in the other.

"Morning," Khadijah replied standing up from the prayer mat, she folded it and placed it in the drawer she always kept it. She didn't have the energy to stand after she prayed so she sat and recited the Qur'an for the most part, she'd kept it did her adhkar.

"Your food, before all the hassle starts and yeah, aunty Layla said to give you this, that it's the laffaya," Khadijah only nodded at the bag she kept on the bed, she moved to where Kamla placed the food.

French toast and scrambled eggs, then her signature black coffee, she smiled when she tasted it and it was just how she liked.

There was no escaping any of umma's tortures so it's better if she ate calmly now.

She heard a knock then a head peeped in, "amarya," The plump woman walked in with a wide smile, Khadijah had gotten over telling the woman to stop calling her that to save both their time. She drained the last of her coffee and greeted the woman respectfully.

They've been doing beauty sessions with Ramlatu for the past three weeks, the woman in her early thirties had a kind smile and is soft spoken which is why they get along with Khadijah. She was careful with her conversations too since she talked about making Khadijah not seem like a divorcee and the energy changed, she'd learnt which topics to broach from then.

"Can't we skip everything today Ramlatu?"

She glared at her playfully, "Amarya baki isa ba, ai today's own will even take longer than the others because it's the last day, today is the conveyance right?" Khadijah nodded and stood up with the tray while Ramlatu got to work at the far end of her room. Her would be former room, she almost shook at the realization.

The hall was mostly empty and she almost screamed in joy when she heard the hassle at the far end of the house, it meant she wouldn't meet anyone.

"Hey, I was just about to come meet you, I'm going home for a bit, dada said I needed to come to get something," She nodded at Layla who looked to be in a rush, she watched her almost run out of the house which made her shake her head.