Chapter 79: A Plus And Minus

For the night owls....

Guess who is at 50k readssss.
Yessss, yessssssss💃💃💃💃💃

This is a thank you chapter, dedicated to all my amazing readers.

Thank you for making it this far with me, I see you (even the silent readers that act like we're fighting, I only see you through the reads so thank you!)

Nowwww, happy reading

••••••

“I don’t think I’m ready.”

“You have avoided them for a month, you need to get this over with.” Fahad reached for Khadijah’s hand but she meticulously stepped out of his hold by moving back, she shook her head no.

“Khadijah,” he drawled still trying to pull her with him.

“I need water.” She blurted out, Fahad stared at her before sighing in defeat and letting go of her.

“Khadijah please.” He held her stare for about a minute before giving up and walking back to the coffee chairs a little bit off the porch.

The new house is so much better than the last one, not to mention it being just a five minute drive to Sadiya’s house, living there has changed a lot of things for them for the three weeks since they moved after his family went back to Australia. They somehow found themselves living the same room though there were about three extra bedrooms but after living in the same room for weeks, they reached an understanding and just thought why not?

“I know, I’ll just drink water and then be right out.” she smiled sweetly.

Fahad closed his eyes sighing yet again before agreeing with a nod, not mentioning that was what she has been saying for the past month.

Khadijah has vehemently refused to speak to her father and it didn’t matter how much he tried to reach out to her, she always found a way to sidestep seeing him. Her mother—both her mothers’ tried and gave up, not to get started on Farhan that seemed to annoy her the more he tried to apologize.

He slink back in the chair his eyes still closed, groaning softly when his phone vibrated in his pocket.

“You better have good news.” He grunted into the phone.

“Well, hello to you too. Why? I am fine thank you very much for asking.” He rolled his eyes at his friend’s sarcasm.

“Zayn,” said person huffed before responding.

“He has been MIA for the most part but I don’t think he is of any danger to you or your wife, last I heard he was being sent to an asylum because he lost it after finding out his wife was cheating on him, apparently his son isn’t his.” There was no remorse in Zayn’s voice as he spoke.

Fahad considered feeling bad for him then he remembered what Khadijah has been through because of him and his family, seems like his karma caught up with him.

“JD told me something, let me add him to the call.” He made a sound of agreement, his gaze moved to the front door where Khadijah had disappeared into. Her drinking water takes multiple hours, especially on days she is supposed to go and see her father.