Chapter 74: The Monsters That Haunt Us

Our Break is over....now for the finale
Comment on each paragraph if you're excited and maybe an earlier update 🌚

••••••

‎تَقَبَّلَ اللّهُ مِنَّ وَ مِنْكُمْ
Taqaballahu minna wa minkum!

Eid Mubarak.
May Allah accept our ibadah,
supplications and efforts during the month of Ramadan. May Allah give us steadfastness on the path of righteousness, elevate our Imaan, cleanse our sins and bestow His blessings and mercy in the world and in the hereafter.
May we all withness a better one next year in sha Allah

Ameen

•••••••

A car ride has never felt so awkward for Fahad and he was sure Khadijah would say the same too, expect well, she didn’t seem to be in touch with reality.

The first moments he’d thought to just let her deal with it her own way, he didn’t want to intrude.

It was going well, until she started picking at her fingers, he’d winced two or three times on her behalf which went missed by her.

She was assaulting her fingers, at least not in a way that would injure her but she was turning her ring in different ways. He was sure it was grazing her skin and would probably peel soon enough.

Mind your business.

He told himself, forcing his eyes back on the road, needing them to stay there because he keeps glancing at her.

He didn’t last five minutes before turning back, he let out a small resigned sigh and reached for her hand, peeling it from the other. He felt her stiffen before she loosened up and looked up at him in question.

“What’s wrong?” she asked, her voice low.

“Nothing.” He said the truth, it was nothing he could say because he actually did not know what to say to her to make her feel better.

He didn’t get why she was so worked up, though what Sadiya had gave a lot room for worry and seeing how much she adored her father, her fear was understandable. Being let down by the person you look up to more than anyone would destroy you, not that he knew firsthand what that felt like but just the thought of it made his heart sink.

He squeezed her hands gently, hoping it would offer her a little comfort.

“You’ll be fine.” He muttered in a whisper, he wasn’t so sure she heard.

Instead of heading to her parents’ house that he knew by heart, he turned going towards his own parents’ house.

“You’re going the wrong way.” She said in a little above a whisper.

“I’m not,” she wanted to argue but he didn’t let her get a word in. “I know where I’m going, don’t worry.”

Khadijah stared at him for a few seconds before nodding.

He wasn’t crazy like Suleiman, he wasn’t going to hurt her. She had to keep telling herself that to calm herself down and maybe the assurance worked, or maybe it was his hand that was stroking the back of hers gently that did the job but either way, she was calm and her mind stopped running with multiple possibilities of what exactly Sadiya had meant.

She really hoped it was her sister just being her over dramatic self and just jumped into conclusions.

Her father never fancied polygamy, she had to say umma was a handful she didn’t see why he would want to multiply that. Her simple father.