Chapter 83: Eight Down, Forever To Go

Dedicated to meemxy

My very own grandmother, you're the best😘

You guys sha can confuse yourselves, l said I wrote the final chapter not publish it.

We're stopping at 85 though
So..... happy reading.
Please vote and comment, you guys stopped doing both💀

••••••

She didn’t need to be fully awake to feel the tiny arms around her but even so Khadijah couldn’t wrap her head around it, she heard the door closing which meant Fahad has left for the mosque, he was the one that woke her up so definitely it had to be someone else, she wasn’t dreaming.

She peeled her eyes open and looked down at her waist where she could see the tiny hands, her heart rate picked up thinking of the familiarity of it all, not in the actual sense but of dreams she used to have of her daughter that she has never held.

Ashraf’s sleepy voice muffled by the closed door brought her back to reality and she had the courage to turn and see who was beside her. She wasn’t very surprised when she saw Aifa sleeping while cuddling her, she had half expected something like that, sleeping in new places have never been easy for her.

She unwrapped herself from her niece and got up to pray, first going to wake the others up.

The children went back to sleep after they prayed but she couldn’t sleep even if she wanted to, not when her mind was still running.

It had been hard for her to sleep the night before and when Fahad returned to the room and got into bed beside her, she pretended to be fast asleep which was something she found easy seeing how she liked sitting still. Taking not of his presence beside her and the anxiousness she tried to tamp down, she had drifted off somehow.

She half wanted to text Layla and thank her for ruining her life by not keeping her mouth shut but then she didn’t want to talk to that crazy friend of hers, she would just find more things to say about it, and she wasn’t quite as dramatic as that….anymore.

The time showing on the digital clock beside her bed told her he would be back in a few minutes, he was in the house already because she heard Junior and Ashraf talking, the latter teasing the first one over sleeping early. She didn’t want him to find her awake because she didn’t know how to talk to him, she didn’t want to.

Avoiding him would be harder now but with the kids she could manage something she guessed, and she should remind herself she was only able to avoid him for the past week because he let her.

In order to avoid the thoughts running through her head, she even tried to convince herself nothing had happened. He didn’t kiss her, the fact remained that he did and she couldn’t deny and she wasn’t sure how she felt about it.

Amidst her thoughts she heard his soft salam and the door was pushed open, now she couldn’t pretend to be sleeping because she was sitting up. She didn’t have to face him either so she looked down and formed busy with the prayer book she had been reading, the only problem was that it was closed.

“Good morning,” he spoke softly making her close her eyes. Why couldn’t he just pretend she didn’t exist for Allah’s sake?