Betty and Joseph: SECRET ĪĪ

"It all started one afternoon when he stole my pencil. As I went to take it back, I mistakenly landed on his lap"

"Whoa". "yes"

"Then he freaked out and ..... I quickly got up and apologized" Betty shrugs

"And......" Precious urges

"What? I walked away embarrassed" Betty gets up from the chair

They all groan in annoyance and disappointment.
"That's all?" Mary asks

"Why are you suddenly interested? That's all. What were you expecting me to say?" Betty looks at them amused "That he held my waist and pulled me close and whispered ' I love your eyes. They're pretty?' "

"Yes" they chorus

"Well y'all are dreamers" Betty flips them off "Let's practice. The performance is this weekend. We can't accommodate any distractions"

They all get up and start the practice.

*****************************

"Hey baby" Betty pecks her boyfriend's cheek. He's currently rummaging through his locker.

"Morning baby" he gives her a short side hug .

"What ya doing? " She peeks into his locker.

"I'm looking for my wristwatch. My granddad gave it to me before he left for the States."

"Your locker's so messy" Betty says

"Yours ain't any better." He rolls his eyes

She gasps "how dare you. I'll have you know my books are arranged alphabetically and my other belongings by colours."

" Wow miss organized " Joseph drags out the watch.

"Thanks" Betty smiles

"Remind me why you are still here" he slams his locker shut and leans on it

"We are dating "

"Yes and....... That doesn't explain why you are here "

"We should walk together to class " Betty holds his hand

"What if I'm not headed to class first ?" He raises a brow

"Then I'll just follow you wherever you go" Betty shrugs "~~even if na Morocco I go follow you go"
( It's a line from a song , Jericho by Patoranking and Simi)

"Nuh uh" he releases her hold "you are not my bodyguard"

"But. ..." She looks offended

"See you in class " he walks off

"That self centered hottie. Now I'll have to walk all by myself to class like I'm single. This life no balance at all" she loudly stumps to class drawing attention from students on the hallway.

( Life no balance is a slang meaning- life is not fair)

***********************

It's in the middle of first period Joseph walks in.

"Joseph why are you 20 minutes late to my class " the teacher asks

"I had to go for a check up in the nurse's office." He hands over a pass

"Okay then. Sit down and collect notes from your friends."

Joseph walks over to Betty's desk which sits three people at a time.
Aliya and Prosper who are sitting with her move over to another desk behind them.
Joseph pushes Betty in and gets comfortable.