Don't call me angel: Amanda and Caleb

"I would like an ice coffee and a strawberry shortcake." Amanda absent mindedly orders while still looking at the menu.

"Okay I'll be right back." She hears a husky and deep voice say. She raises her head to see a tall and built male figure walk to the counter of the small coffee store she's seated in.

She shrugs and stares out the wide glass window of the shop.

About five minutes later, she hears a tray being placed on the table.

"Here" she hears the husky voice again.

"Oh tha...." She stops to stare at the really handsome guy standing before her in the coffee store shirt.

He stares at her confused "something on my face, angel?"

"Uh ....oh" she snaps back to reality. "Um no. There's nothing on your face. Just something disturbingly capturing"

"Huh? What is it you said." He shoves his right hand in his right pants pocket.

"Nothing. Don't mind me. You can go back now. Thanks" she quickly gulps down a sip

"Hmm" he smirks and leans on his forearm on the small table " you don't recognize me huh?"

"Recognize you? Sorry do I know you?" She drops her cup on the tray.

"Bye Amanda." He leaves to take an order.

She once again shrugs and dives into her shortcake. After all, she's really popular around.
She reads a book while she eats.

She looks up and finds the handsome waiter straight up staring at her.

He quickly diverts his gaze to the ceiling holding in a smile.

She narrows her eyes at his suspicious behaviour.

"Wierd perverts of these days" she mumbles and takes a bite.

Once she wipes her hands and mouth, handsome waiter appears behind her.
"Boo!" He whispers into her ear.

Amanda jumps in her seat.
He chuckles and moves to stand beside the table.
"The hell!" She exclaims

"Sorry I couldn't let the opportunity pass by" his chest rises and falls in silent chuckle.

"What do you want?" She sighs

"Here's your bill." He slips a note to her

"Okay" she hands him the money and gets up to leave.

"Thanks for coming. Till next time" he waves in her face smiling brightly.

She slaps his waving hand down "you're making me reconsider that statement."

"Don't be mean, angel. That doesn't fit you" he smiles playfully.

She huffs in annoyance " One, don't call me angel. Two, your customer service sucks. Bye" she spins on her heel out of the shop.

***********

Amanda and Mary are heading to the school theatre for literature-in-English class. At the door of the studio someone walking backwards bumps into Amanda knocking down her books that were in her hands.

"Oh no." Amanda immediately checks the state of the books. She sighs in relief. They are still in good condition. She begins to pick her books

The person who hit her bends to also help. "So sorry. I wasn't conscious of my environment"

"No shit" Mary comments.

Amanda recognises the deep husky voice and slowly glances up. " You!" She stands with the books she's picked.