Success and Maxwell:FIX

"I'm going to the company now. I want you to be early today, Success" Amanda wears her shoes and opens the front door

"Wait!" Success closes the door.
"What now?"
"Why would you employ him" Success's expression turns sour

"Him? Who?" Amanda leans on the door

"Him. The new guy" Success mumbles

"Oh Maxwell. Look it was a misunderstanding between you guys. I found out that he's excellent at making tracks and he's worked with some really popular artists "

"Like?"

"Doja cat"
"That's a lie " Success scoffs

"It's true. He had legal proof " success grunts

"Hey, I remember those days before you guys broke up...."

"We were never dating"

"Whatever dating or not, you guys were together and then you used to ramble about how perfect he is. How he was so multi-talented and how he was strong and hardworking . You really liked that guy. You fell for him hard and he was perfect in your eyes. His flaws were beautiful to you. Noone could convince you otherwise."

"I fell for a lier" Success folds her arms

"He's not a lier. He was just misunderstood. Why don't you just talk about it with him. Trust me every thing would go well. " She smiles at her " I gotta go. Remember talk to him"

**************

"This is the newest member of our company, Yika Maxwell." Amanda introduces him to the staff. He introduces himself and his job. He is applauded afterwards.

Success hurriedly walks out of the room immediately after the meeting.
Maxwell meets other staff and they welcome him.

********
2 weeks after~~

"Wow this track is amazing" Amanda puts off the music "I knew you were good but wow " she claps

"See you even got her speechless " Tyler smiles

"Thanks"

"I mean Tyler did you hear that?" Amanda asks
"Yes I did" he nods
"That right there is talent. Wow you are a blessing to this company"

****
"He's like a curse in my life" Success bows her head on the work table
"Stop being dramatic"
Aliyah rolls her eyes

"He tries so hard to please me. I was so pissed when he paid for my lunch" Success groans

"Usually it's the other way round" Aliyah taps her " sit up"

"Argh! He even gave me an umbrella last Saturday when I was thinking of how I'll get home in that thunderstorm." Success turns to Aliya " I almost abandoned it but I didn't want to be drenched."

"Where's the umbrella now.?" Aliyah looks at her in disbelief
"I dropped it at his desk the following morning"

Aliya laughs " you're so stupid it's funny"

"Hey shut up" Success straightens on her seat " we have to finish with the b-side today "

The door opens and Amanda walks in " hey you guys should go check out the new track. He really did well. Better than my expectations. Our voices sound hundred times better. And the effects were wow."

"I'm not going there" Success rests her head on her palm

"And why not " Amanda crosses her arms

"I can't share breathing space with him" she mumbles "it was bad enough in the song recording"