ZAINAB AND DAVID :All the stars

Pic above is Zainab

Song recommendation: All the stars by Kendrick Lamar ft Sza

.
It's after another game won by The Eagles and David has a surprise date for Zainab.

Zainab is shouting with her friends about the game when David comes out of nowhere and grabs her hand and drags her to the side.

"Babe you won! Again!" she smiles so brightly at him that David forgets his main agenda for tonight. He quickly snaps back to it and returns the smile.

"Yeah. Thanks for coming tonight"

"What are you thanking me for. I need to be there so all those thirsty girls know who you belong to, ME!"

"And that's by shouting 'go Davidi ' and 'that's my man ' every time I make a basket?" He cocks a teasing brow

"Yep. Does the job right" she nods shamelessly

David looks into her eyes and sighs with a soft smile " you're crazy but cute crazy, funny crazy and mostly embarrassingly crazy but I like your crazy" he holds her hands

"I know right" she flutters her lashes

He shakes his head and lets out a soft chuckle " follow me" he drags her by the hand to his car. His sweet blue convertible.

"I can't" she  stops his actions

"Why?"

"I am to be home in 20 minutes or my mum would have me by the head"

"That sounds a bit too brutal" he opens her door "get in"

"I'm serious"

"I'll drop you off afterwards"

"Babe you don't understand she won't- "

"Why don't you just get in first. That's a problem for later" he taps on the door "yeah? "

She silently gets in. David slams the door and gets into the driver's seat

"Where are we going?" Zainab looks out the window still very much  worried.

"It's a surprise"

"Oh how cliché"

He turns on the radio " why don't you just listen to some sweet tunes huh?" He speeds out of the school.

"You call this sweet? It's rock music. It's hard core"

"Yeah sweet" he nods to the beat.

"No thanks" she gets to a station playing Taylor swift " isn't it delicate ? Isn't it , isn't it ~~~" she sings along

"Oh naw. Hell naw. You didn't just pull a Swift on me"

"Maybe I did " she flips her hair in accomplishment.

"Ha! Nope " he plays Da baby instead

"No no no. Not these nonsense lyrics " she changes it to Olivia Rodrigo "better?"

"I'm doing this because I like you. That's why I'm listening to this"

"Oh please" she rolls her eyes.

The ride continues silently for another 20 minutes.
They get to a dirt road and David keeps driving.

He skids to a stop by a river side. He drops the hood of the car and Zainab immediately panics " the mosquitoes would have a feast with us tonight"

"Oh yeah that" he drives further away from the river bank. After finding a nice spot  her reclines their seats backwards.

" Here " he hands her a soda " I heard the stars would be out alot tonight"

"You brought me out here to star gaze?"

"Yep. Away from all the noise and pollution of the city. Just you and me. "

" That's super sweet of you. Thanks for this. I needed this"

"Thank me with a kiss" he smirks her way.

She avoids his gaze and shyly gazes above.

"Still too shy huh?" He leans over and leaves a peck.

After some moments of silence " I honestly thought you were planning to drive me out here, make out with me then kill me and throw me in the lake. That's what normally happens in movies and books when a guy takes a girl to the river side in a convertible" she laughs" I'm glad I was wrong"

"Who says you're wrong?"

"What?" She sits up in panic

"Chill I was just kidding " he laughs heartily " that was kinda exact. I haven't seen any movies with that story line though"

"That's because you watch terrible TV"

"I don't think so.." he laughs more

"It's wasn't funny. Stop laughing" she frowns in embarrassment

"Yes it was you're just too proud to admit that" he laughs some more

She later joins in and at some point they are both laughing at nothing.

They quiet down and just appreciate the night sky.

They talk about anything and everything for another hour then David rides her home.

"Okay then goodnight" she goes to open the door but David opens his first " no need to open it for me"

He ignores her and opens her door

"You didn't need to." She gets out holding her purse tight.

"Yeah let's go"

"Go where"

"Where else? Your house ofcourse"

"Why?"

"I want to meet your mum" he begins walking to the door and presses the door bell

"No need to. You see the thing is..."

The door opens and Zainab's mum appears in veiw about to give Zainab a proper scolding but halts when she sees the best basketball player in the state.

"Good evening ma, I'm David. I wanted to meet you because I think it's right a mother knows her daughter's boyfriend"

"Boyfriend?" David nods at her " you're serious?"

"Yes ma" he nods again and holds Zainab's shaking hand.

"Come in" she opens the door wider.

They talk about David,his background, career plans, school life, feelings for Zainab and her curfew which he agreed to keep to.  Let's just say Zainab's mum was very proud about Zainab's choice for a boyfriend.

*********

The Eagles are practicing after school. David throws the ball in the basket for the 17th time that afternoon and Zainab for the 17th time cheers her boyfriend.

"Your girlfriend is crazy"  Tola nudges David by the shoulder and laughs. Other team mates also laugh.

"Yeah but she's my crazy" he smiles at her. She does a dance on her seat on the bleachers. Her eyes meet David's, she sends a flying kiss and winks. Then continues chants.

David catches the ball and continues practice wondering how all the stars are closer

"All the stars are closer than we think. Do you know? It just depends on your definition of close "

He just wonders why his girlfriend's random words from the star gazing date keep ringing in his head all day.

***
Yo! That's it y'all.

Pls vote and comment.

Do you think Zainab actually likes David or is just keeping up this act for a better future with the basketball star? Hmm?

Bless you 💜