Precious and Malik: Detention

"Don't walk away when I'm talking to you, Malik" Precious follows him to his game room.

He ignores her statement and puts on his head phones as he begins a game.

Precious snatches it from his head "I'm talking to you. Don't zero me out."

"Precious give me my headphones" Malik calmly requests

"Not until you answer my question." She places her hand on her hip and adjusts her weight to her left leg.

"I said give it back"

"No cause I don't know what kind of boyfriend can't be honest in a relationship. Our communication is bad normally. Then I ask you a question and you can't tell me the truth" she points a finger in his face "why!? I'm asking why?! I heard it from......."

"You heard that. So!?" He towers over her as he stands. "We've been over this a thousand times"

"No. You always run away from the conversation. Why can't you come clean? Why can't you tell your mum about us? If you really like me like you say, why can't......"

"She'll automatically hate you!" He shuts her up. He looks to the ground nervously

"What? That makes no sense. Why would she......"

"I already have a fiancé"

"What?!" Precious almost falls to the ground in shock

She sits on his gamer's chair to process the new information. "Wh- how?"

"I'm not allowed to date, okay? She had arranged a wife for me since I was 12. It has to do with land possession. I still don't understand the whole thing but if she finds out I'm dating someone when I already have a wife, I'm dead meat"

"Why are you dating me then? If it's only temporary and built on sand why start anything at all?"

"Cause I like you. I really like you. You have always been there for me. Even when I was framed by my former school classmates, you've been there. You are so pure hearted I feel so lucky but I can't be with you for long."

"When are you to get married?" She sighs in defeat

"At 21"

She walks steadily to a glass of water placed on a shelf.
"GOSH!" Precious screams and throws the glass on the wall across the room.

He moves to hold her but she stops him with her raised arm. "Don't. Why didn't you tell me?"

"It's because you'll run away"

"You know what? maybe I should." She gets up to leave him in the room.
He grabs her wrist

"No don't leave me like this" he pleas. His eyes looking deep into her eyes searching for some HOPE but there's none.

"Do what now?huh? What? Hang on so my feelings grow stronger only to be left hanging in a few years? NEVER"

She grabs the door knob "and I thought we had something"

******************

"Precious, Detention. No sleeping in my class"

That's how Precious' day got worse. She couldn't sleep well the night before because she was hunted by nightmares throughout the night. It's been going on for a month ever since Malik dropped the bomb on her. She had avoided him like a plague throughout, refusing to listen to any plea whatsoever.

"Malik, for not paying attention, detention."

Precious silently groans 'could this day get worse?'

*******
"Both of you sit quietly. Don't leave this room. I'll be back shortly" Mr Dominic slams the door and locks it as he heads to a meeting.

There's a few minutes of silence as he exits the class.

Precious huffs in annoyance and stares out of the window. Malik sighs exhausted.

"Why did it have to be just us for detention. How cliché. Is this some kind of karma? Huh?" Precious mumbles.

Malik gives a sad glance at her still staring figure.

"Precious let's talk" Malik finally takes the bull by the horns

"Talk!? I'm in detention, Malik. I don't want to be punished" she says without even sparing him a glance

"Punished. Since when did you start caring about being punished? " Malik rolls his eyes

"Since when I realized life is too short to be careless" she looks into the space lost " to be careless about anything. Be it feelings, my education, family, career.... Because no-one is gonna be there when you face the consequences of your carelessness"

"Precious I know it seems I don't care about you and I was just playing with your feelings but that's not true. I care about you. I really like you. As a matter of fact I haven't even met the girl I am to..."

"Do you love me?" Precious interrupts and for the first time that afternoon, she looks him in the eye

"Uh love you?" Malik is taken aback by her question.

"Yes because I thought what we had was love. You keep saying you really like me " she emphasizes on the like " I don't need like for you to prove your self I need love"

"Well I.." just then Mr Dominic enters the class.

They remain quiet pondering and replaying the conversation they just had.

"Time is up. Now get outta here" Mr Dominic says with a bored face.
Precious grabs her bag and hurries out of the classroom. Malik hastens His steps to catch-up with her.

"Precious wait" Malik tries to keep up with her fast pace "wait. Just a minute please"

She ignores him and increases her pace.

"Babe! Babe wait"

She halts abruptly. Malik almost crashes into her back. She turns around seething in anger " don't you ever call me by that again"

She continues down the Hallway.

Malik slides down a locker and stares at her retreating figure. " Argh!"

Hi there! Do you want them to break up or make up?
Sorry bout the wait. I was a little stuck but it's ok now.
Pls comment your opinion

Bless you 💜💖