Aliyah and Mason: Independent

Hi please dm me if u have ideas of what I can write. I'll add it if it makes sense and tag u. Thank you ✨

*********
"Lili!" Mary yells across the hallway.
Aliyah halts her steps and waits for her.

"Wassup!" Mary nods at her.

"Been good"

"Haven't seen you this past week"

"Yep been really occupied with stuff" Aliyah grips her bag tighter.

"Oh stuff like what?" Mary glances at her

"I said stuff for a reason, Mary"

"Yeah I know and I want details"

Aliyah releases a sigh " okay I've been busy with the club activities"

"What club?"

"The girl power club. It's a club for teenage and young women. We talk about business opportunities and trainings for young women." Aliyah explains.

"Oh" Mary replies "why did you join"

"I joined the club because I need to find something to do"

"I don't think that's the reason"

Aliyah stops " wait so you're telling me that you think that my reason for my choice is wrong?"

"Yes exactly" Mary nods

"What?"

"You joined because you are trying to find solace"

"Solace?"

"Let me guess, most of the members are single?" Mary asks

"Yes, but what does this have to do with..."

" My point is, all of you are single. Probably went through bad break ups and are trying to show independence from the male gender. Stuff like you don't need a man to provide for yourself. You can be happy without a relationship and blah blah. Look it's good that they show young women self reliance but it's like solace from the break up. Trying to find some comfort in the break up."

"I get your point but I just think that I need this. I need to be independent, Self reliant and find happiness in myself. I don't need a man to give me happiness, I need.... Woah wait a second, who is he?" Aliyah not so subtly points at a guy that's listening to his friend that's practically demonstrating his tale.

"Uh Mason?"

"Mason " Aliyah tests out his name on her tongue

"Yes? Why are you so interested all of a sudden?"

"Is he new?" Aliyah gets serious

"What?!"

"I said is he new?"

"No he's not. He's our classmate. He's in the other arm."

"How long has he been attending this school?"

"Since when we enrolled "

Aliyah keeps quiet and studies him.

"Why are you asking questions about him"

"He's good looking "

Mary stares at her bewildered

"Why am I just noticing him now?"

"Because you are dumb" Mary deadpans

Aliyah glares at her

"Okay. It's probably because you are so self absorbed that you don't notice anything around you"