leaving

As Isaac got to the pharmacy he saw a bunch of lurkers shuffling outside. He immediately shut off his car and grabbed his equipment. He got into cover and snuck up on a lurker. He raised his knife and stuck it in the lurker's head. It dropped and Isaac pulled the knife out as he made it behind an abandoned car. Isaac peeked over to see a lurker and immediately ducked down. "Why do I feel like I'm in a video game" he got up and killed another lurker and made his way into the pharmacy. He quietly called out "hey girls where are you?" There was a shuffling from behind the counter. Isaac slowly moved towards it but out of nowhere, a lurker pounced on him from behind the counter. "Shit get off me" Isaac struggled and was about to get bit but suddenly something killed the lurker. Isaac got up "thank you" when he looked at who helped him he saw a german shepherd sat at his feet. He smiled "thanks for that dog but what's your name?" Isaac bent down and looked at the collar. "Oh, daisy it's you. Thanks for the help you're a good girl" Isaac got up and walked through the pharmacy as daisy followed him. He quietly made his way to the employee area and slowly opened the door. "Daisy go in and scout it out for me" daisy went in and sniffed around then began to growl. Isaac went inside to see daisy growling at two girls. "Daisy heel" Daisy looked at Isaac and walked to his left side. She stood there as Isaac looked at the two girls in the corner.

 She stood there as Isaac looked at the two girls in the corner

"Okay, are you two the ones I'm here to take back to the lowe's?" They looked at him then at daisy

"Okay, are you two the ones I'm here to take back to the lowe's?" They looked at him then at daisy. The girl with black hair spoke "yeah I'm Emma and the shy girl is misty" Isaac looked at them and pet daisy "alright I'm Isaac and this is daisy" misty whispered something to Emma. Emma daisy "misty is a little scared of dogs could you show her that daisy won't hurt her" Isaac nodded "daisy sit" daisy immediately sat down. "Daisy go over to misty and lay down" daisy goes followed the command and misty looked down at her. "Go ahead and pet her she doesn't bite" misty cautiously put her hand on daisy's head. Misty smiled a little and nodded as she quietly spoke "thanks for this" Isaac nodded "no problem now let's hurry before lurkers hear us" they nodded and daisy barked. Isaac pulled out his knife and his baseball bat. He gave Emma the knife. "If anything gets close kill it" they nodded and began to walk out with Isaac. They saw some lurkers facing the other way. "stay quiet and move behind cover. My car is right there" Isaac pointed to a car at the end of the street. Isaac lead them behind a crashed car and peeked over it. He saw no lurkers and made his way behind a bench while signaling the others to follow. They did so but a lurker heard their footsteps and stumbled towards them. "Shit" Isaac swung his bat and killed it when the walkie-talkie started to buzz then Rodrigo's voice came over "Isaac lurkers are banging on the front do-" he got cut off and everyone looked worried

At the lowe's lurkers continued to pound on the front doors. Everyone sat in a circle trying to stay calm. Amile, Jamie, and James were hugging each other, scared while Rodrigo tried to contact Isaac again. Suddenly his voice was heard. "Rodrigo if you can hear me then pack everything up when I get there we're going to drive away" he looked at the walkie-talkie "okay man I'll get ready" "good now go" Rodrigo put the radio down and began packing the food up. Alice picked up the water and the other supplies. Cole helped the kids calm down and get ready. After four minutes the radio buzzed and Isaac voice came over "we're getting close you guys. Go outside in three minutes" everyone got outside through the back door and waited for them After a couple of minutes Isaac's car and a pickup truck pulled up. Except Emma got out of Isaac's car and misty got out of the pickup truck. Rodrigo looked at them "where's Isaac?" Emma pointed to the bed of the pickup truck "a bullet hit his shoulder and he started to bleed a lot so we put him in the back of the pickup" "how did he get shot!?" "It was freaky a lurker grabbed a revolver and shot him. We barely got away" everyone moved to the cars and Rodrigo looked in the bed of the pickup to see Isaac laying down and clutching his shoulder with daisy sitting by him. "God damn if only I could've helped you" "don't worry I'll help him," a soft and delicate voice said from behind him. He turned around to see misty holding a first aid kit. "My mom was a nurse she taught me how to suture a wound. Just follow Emma while you drive" Rodrigo nodded and got into the pickup with Alice and Amile. Cole got into the passenger side of Isaac's car with James and Jamie sitting in the back. Misty got in the bed of the pickup truck and looked at Isaac. She put on gloves, pulled out a suture and the cars began moving. Misty took a deep breath and cleaned the one-inch deep wound on his shoulder. She then grabbed a needle driver and pushed the needle into his skin at a ninety-degree angle. "Argh..." Isaac groaned in pain as misty stitched his wound up. She repeated the process for the rest of the stitches. After finishing she bandaged Isaac's shoulder. Misty laid down and sighed. "I hope I did okay" she closed her eyes and slowly fell asleep. After four hours Emma and Rodrigo stopped at Tusla, Oklahoma. It was early morning so Rodrigo volunteered to take watch while the others rested. Rodrigo kept watching for a few hours until Alice got up and yawned. "You're still up?" Rodrigo nodded "Isaac got hurt and we couldn't help him" Alice put her hand on his shoulder. "It wasn't your fault..." "I know but... I just wished he didn't get hurt" "so one person got hurt... But remember all the times you kept me safe" Alice looked at him then down. "Okay, Alice I won't be as hard on myself" Rodrigo put his fist out Alice looked at his fist bump gesture and just hugged him instead.

To be continued...