gas station

They drove until they saw a gas station in the distance Isaac turned into its parking lot as the other two cars followed8 suit. Everyone got out and looked at each other. Rodrigo sighed and said, "so that was something..." Isaac looked at them and said "we need a plan" everyone agreed, Isaac said "first off we need to know where we're going" Jaiden, luna, and Emma volunteered to look through the cars left at the gas station. Isaac looked at misty "take care of cole and amile" misty nodded and went to the bed of the pickup truck. Isaac looked at Rodrigo "you and Alice will search the outside" Rodrigo nodded and looked at Alice "alright let's go" Alice nodded and went with Rodrigo. Isaac whistled and said "daisy with me we're gonna search inside" daisy got up and went to his side. Isaac walked to the entrance of the gas station. Misty examined cole and sighed "cole I'm gonna have to tourniquet your leg" cole looked at her and sighed. Misty grabbed a cloth and began to tourniquet cole's leg tightly. Cole yelled, "fuck It hurts!" Misty looked at him "it's either this or you bleed out" cole sighed and nodded. Misty continued to bandage cole's knee. Cole looked around and said "so... Do you like Isaac?" Misty looked at him "why do you want to know?" Cole shrugged "well I just noticed some things" misty mumbled "well I don't like him like that. He's just my friend cole" cole looked at her "okay then are you almost done?" Misty nodded "just about done" cole thanked her and smiled. Misty nodded and sat against the pickup truck.

Jaiden looked through cars and found a map. Luna walked over and said "huh? You found a map" Jaiden looked at her "yeah I did and I guess this will help us make a plan" luna looked at it and sighed. Jaiden looked at her "something up?" Luna spoke quietly "Isaac was being so nice not keeping me tied up" Jaiden shrugged "you're only fourteen" she punched his shoulder "hey I'm almost fifteen!" Jaiden laughed "yeah... almost" he ruffled her hair and smiled. She looked at him "so are we really staying with them?" Jaiden shrugged "we don't have much choice unless you want to starve" luna looked down and sighed. "I guess you're right..." Jaiden nodded and went back to searching the car. Luna walked over to another car and searched it. In the glove box, she found band-aids and a couple of purple boxes. "I wonder what these are?"  She looked at the label "Nauzene chewable tablets for upset stomach... Strange name" she walked over to misty "hey misty right?" Misty looked at her "yeah that's my name, do you need something?" Luna gave her the purple box "i was wondering if these were of any use?" Misty nodded "yeah we could use these, thanks" luna nodded and slowly sat next to her "so how's the girl?" Misty sighed "she's stable and her name is Amile" luna looked away "I'm Sorry I shot her... I should have controlled myself" misty looked at her "you're forgiven but when she wakes up you should apologize to her" luna nodded and looked down.

After a while awhile everyone came back together by the pickup. Jaiden looked at Isaac "I found a map" Isaac turned to look at him. "Really?" Jaiden nodded and handed isaac the map. Isaac examined it "alright then let's see where we could go" Isaac glanced at the town names then put his finger on one "here... We'll Bartlesville" everyone looked at him Rodrigo spoke, "alright then but are we going now?" Isaac shook his head "no we'll rest for a while and leave tomorrow at dawn" everyone nodded and cole looked at his knee "should we go into the gas station?" Isaac looked at him "yeah we should so Rodrigo help cole inside" Rodrigo nodded and helped cole walk inside with everyone else. Isaac looked at the unconscious amile and picked her up. He slowly carried her inside the gas station and looked at misty "misty could you lay down a sleeping bag for amile?" Misty nodded and did so. Isaac gently put amile down "I hope she wakes up soon" misty looked at him "I hope so too" Isaac looked at everyone "alright then let's get some rest" they nodded and spread out. Isaac sat on a counter and sighed. Misty walked over "are you okay?" Isaac looked at her "I'm I'm pretty fine... My shoulder still hurts though" misty looked at him "do you want me to check it?" Isaac shrugged "sure" He took off his jacket and lifted his shirt sleeve "how's it look?" Misty looked at Isaac's stitches only to see it's slightly red "oh that's not good" Isaac's eyes widened "wh-what's wrong?" Misty looked at him "your stitches are a little infected" Isaac chuckled slightly "let me guess I'm gonna need penicillin?" Misty looked at him "actually... No, I just need to clean it and redress it" Isaac looked away "I probably shouldn't diagnose myself" misty giggled "yeah leave that to me, dummy" she went over to a duffel bag to grab some medical supplies and water. She gently poured some water on Isaac's stitches then dabbed it dry with a clean cloth and dressed it with a bandage. "All done" Isaac smiled "thanks misty" she nodded and Isaac got up "so... When do you think amile will wake up?" Misty sighed "I don't know... Maybe tomorrow or maybe never..." She looked really sad and Isaac comfortingly hugged her "I know this is hard but you have to hold onto hope" misty slowly hugged him back "I'll try to..." She slowly closed her eyes and leaned her head onto Isaac's shoulder. Rodrigo looked over and gave Isaac a thumbs up. Isaac rolled his eyes and looked around. After a while, the sun started to set and Misty slightly shivered. Isaac looked at her "are you cold?" Misty slightly nodded and Isaac took off his Letterman jacket. "Here then" he put the jacket on her and she slightly smiled "thank you" Isaac smiled "you're welcome" she slowly closed her eyes again and started to fall asleep on Isaac's shoulder. Rodrigo chuckled to himself and Alice sat by him. "They look good together, don't they?" Rodrigo nodded "yeah I feel proud for him" Alice smiled "I wish I could do that with someone" Rodrigo laughed "well I'm right here if you want to" Alice looked at him "sure but maybe when the sun has set so then I'll fall asleep quicker" she got up and walked off.

To be continued...