Trapped

After the sun had come up misty woke up. She groaned a little and got up to see Isaac getting his boots on and packing some supplies. She looked at him "you're up early..." She said in a sleepy voice He nodded "well we have to scavenge today, right?" She nodded at him "yeah but my head hurts a little" he chuckled quietly "yeah being drunk will do that to you" she noticed his bandaged up arm and seemed to not remember the previous night "what's with the bandage?" He looked at her "oh um daisy just bit me is all..." Daisy lifted her head and looked at him. He looked away and got up. "Come on let's get going" She got up and put her sneakers on. She followed Isaac to the lobby and saw most of the group except the kids. "Where are the kids?" Rodrigo looked at her "we let 'em sleep in. Are you two going somewhere?" Isaac nodded "yeah we're going on a supply run" Emily raised an eyebrow "what supplies are you going to get?" Isaac shrugged "ammunition and possibly clothes. I mean we aren't really ready for winter" Emily nodded "Alright just be safe and take some food and water" Isaac grabbed their backpacks and left with Misty. Isaac got in his car and drove to a gun shop with misty. They slowly walked in and took note of the trashed store. "This place is a dump..." Misty looked around and picked up a box a bullets. "It must've been ransacked after the first month of the outbreak" Isaac stated as he walk around and examine what was left in the store. Isaac and Misty grabbed whatever ammunition there was. "So i was drunk last night?" She looked at Isaac as she spoke. "Yeah..." He spoke in a quiet voice as he kept searching around. "You didn't take advantage of me while I was drunk, right?" She looked at him and he turned to look at her with a raised eyebrow. "Are you implying I tried to hookup with you?" She shook her head "No It just popped into my head to ask..." He sighed "well no I didn't hookup with you but you did kiss me..." "I did what!?" She dropped the bullets and looked at him in utter shock. "I said you kissed me" he turned to her as she turned a deep red. "There's no need to be embarrassed. you were drunk and weren't in the right state of mind" he slowly approached her as she covered her face. "I can't believe I kissed you..." He touched her shoulder "it's not a big deal. You were just drunk" she nodded "okay... Let's get some jackets now i'm not sure our hoodies will keep us warm once it starts snowing" He nodded "alright but first let's make sure we didn't miss anything" He continue to search around and found a shotgun behind the counter. He picked it up and cocked it. "Glad we didn't miss this" she nodded as they went back to the car. They got back in the car and drove to a nearby store. They went inside and looked around. "Find whatever might keep us warm" Misty nodded and went over to a few racks with jackets on them. They picked up a few blankets and jackets. They put them in their backpacks and kept looking around. As they stood in an aisle the door slowly opened. A few people walked in as the two scavengers went quiet and listened to the footsteps. A male voice spoke "you sure they're in here?" "Of course i'm sure their stupid car is outside, ain't it?" the two teenagers looked at each other. Isaac raised a finger to his lips and pointed to a door in the back. Misty nodded and quietly made her way to the back door with Isaac. They looked around and silently went into the door which lead to an employee area. Isaac sighed quietly in relief "we're safe..." He whispered to misty as she nodded and looked around. Isaac went over to a broom and jammed it through the door handle to prevent it from opening. "Who the fuck were those guys?" Misty questioned with a worried look and in a quiet voice. "I don't know" Isaac spoke in a hushed tone. Someone tried to pull the door open and spoke "the fuck? This door's locked" another person's voice spoke "weird it wasn't locked before" the person began pulling harder. It shook a little as the person pulled. Isaac looked at misty and slowly put his finger to his lips. Misty nodded as the door continued to shake. A female voice said "leave it there's probably nothing good in there" the man stopped pulling on the door and said "fine" the people seemed to have left and isaac quietly went to the door. He removed the broom and tried to open the door but it didn't budge. He tried again but it didn't open. He spoke "something's blocking the door, mist" she looked at him "what? you're joking, right? He shook his head as she got up and tried to force the door open but it stayed stuck. "I guess we're trapped here" he looked at her. "Well shit" she sighed and sat against the wall. Isaac sat with her and sighed. "We're trapped here" misty mumbled as she hugged her knees. "Don't worry i'm sure the others will find us but until then we're stuck here together" "i actually don't mind being trapped in here with you" she smiled a bit and moved closer. "Oh really? Well i don't mind being stuck in here with you either, mist" she smirked then suddenly got onto his lap. "Yup Emma definitely lied about your shyness" a blush spread across his face. Misty got closer and suddenly kissed him. He closed his eyes and kissed back as he gently put a hand on her cheek. She smiled as they began to make out in the back room.

To be continued...