✦❘༻ III- The Seven Hard-working Days ༺❘✦

"Do or not. There is no try." 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Day one.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

As usual, Yui was welcomed by a harsh, 5.am. wake-up from Gojo Satoru and the others, after which she got changed and ready.

She first recieved a beat-up from her loving brother, then an over-theoretical talk-fight with Fushiguro, then fought against Kugisaki, winning with her newly gained agility. Afterwards, she had a parkour war with Itadori (suppressing Sukuna's agility gift to be fair and square).

"Run faster, big bro!" Yui laughed from the rooftop while Yuji was still climbing it.

"You've gotten a lot better, Yui! I'm proud of you." He smiled warmly. Yui stopped abruptly to look back at him, a flustered blush tinting her cheeks just before she tripped up, roll-landing on a flat roof.

"Pff--" Sukuna snorted before disappearing.

Yui rolled her eyes and picked herself up swiftly, then turned back to Yuji with a sigh. "Thanks." She returned the smile as they sat down to watch the sunset.

A calm and comfortable silence sat with the siblings as they dangled their feet over the ledge after a long and tiring day, yet Yui's mind was elsewhere. Dark thoughts clouded her head, and she opened her mouth slightly to speak after a moment.

"Do you think..." Her lip quivered reluctantly. "Did grandpa die...because we took the box Sukuna's finger was in with us?"

Yuji stayed silent, turning his head away.

"Of course it was because of you! He was old and weak, and that cursed energy was his final call!" Sukuna laughed with exaggeration, satisfied when a wave of guilt washed over Yui as she winced. She clenched the fabric of her leggings tightly with frustration.

"Knock it off, Sukuna! It's not your fault, Yui. It was mine for even showing it to you. I'm your older brother, and I should've acted like it." Yuji clenched his fists with uneasiness on his face, calming a little when Yui placed her hand on his. But he only grew more angered again, staring at the markings on her wrists, ankles, and nails. A painful sign that he failed to protect his own little sister.

"Yuji, its ok!"

"No! It's not!"

"If you don't, I'll just rip his heart out!"

"NO! Fine! I'll do it!"

"Its my fault for eating that damn finger, for agreeing to Sukuna's damn pact! Now look at you! He's using you, and once you eat all of his pieces, the higher ups are gonna have to kill you too!" Yuji cried out with tears in his eyes as he tightened his grip on her hand. He wished it didn't have to end like this, that now his sister would have no future to live for, no dreams to hope for.

"Yuji, I..." Yui didn't know what to say. She felt just as bad as her brother. So they sat there quietly staring at the sun's vivid dance, leaning against each other in silent reassurance.