✦❘༻ XXIII- For yourself, or her? ༺❘✦

This...this is it...*hysterical sobbing*

OMFG I'M CRYING NO-

ILY GUYS--

*MORE SOBBING*

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Hey how'd your work study go? Were there lots of scantily-clad heroines at the agency, huh?" Mineta asked Midoriya, slapping the desk rhythimically as he leaned over the greenette's desk in the classroom.

"Yeah...I guess..." He hummed absently. Neither he nor Yui felt anywhere near close to okay after the recent events. The two of them felt like they were all alone with the whirlwind of emotions and frustration they felt, even as they occasionally exchanged reassuring glances. But who were they kidding? Were they trying to make each other feel better, or just themselves? They didn't know anymore.

Who and what were they even fighting for? Is that voice, that one dark sound in the back of their heads right, by saying they're only fighting to make themselves feel better? It's always there; the voice. Not always as loud, but it loves to wait that while, just to be ready for the moment you make a mistake and, or, fall.

"I DON'T WANT TO HEAR YOU GETTING AHEAD OF ME!" Bakugo yelled, piping with the energy Yui envied right now. Midoriya seemed to brighten up for a split moment, a flicker of a flame, before it was harshly extinguished by the lingering words.

"Oh come on! You're no fun!" He whined at the boy. "Hey Itadori-" He began, but almost instantly retreated as he began exclaiming a string of apologies.

Yui was not one to hide emotions (most of the time?). Right now, her head was collapsed on her desk, and she only raised it slightly to glare heavily at Mineta.

"Please..."

"Having second thoughts, are we now?" Sukuna snickered.

"Shut your trap." She snapped in a low tone, lacking the slightest glint of the usual sass she had either in her tone or her expression. She fell blank and tired in every able way.

During the rest of the day, Yui noticed Midoriya was struggling just as much as she was. He was unfocused, and drowning, even. Yui was close to doing so herself, but she managed to keep herself somewhat composed. Somewhat. It wasn't easy, as she could only hear Eri's pleads, and the way she didn't even know what chocolate was, it made Yui drop all food too. By the second day, her friends grew concerned, deciding to adress the fact during lunch.

"Yui? Why aren't you eating again, girl?" Mina glanced at the female.

"Yeah, I noticed too." Kaminari hummed while the others nodded.

"I already told you guys, I don't eat lunch anymore because I eat too much dinner." She said lifelessly. 

"Don't give us that excuse again, 'cause it ain't working." Bakugo rolled his eyes.

"Ugh...fine." She sighed, thinking up the quickest and most believable lie she could. "My brother got into trouble with a curse, and he's recovering pretty heavily..." 

"Oh...we're sorry to hear that..." Kirishima looked down regretfully.

"It's alright, don't worry over it. It'll be fine." She said.

"Itadori?

Why are you crying..."

"I...am?" The girl lifted a hand to her face, fingers meeting with the warm water that trickled down her skin. How dare it, without a single word, infiltrate Yui's emotions like that? It bestowed the humiliation only she concidered upon herself, another flash of weakness, unneeded. Very unneeded.