✦❘༻ XXIV ༺❘✦

"Healing, huh? I have an idea for that problem child..." Yui hummed to herself as she cringed at whatever the hell Midoriya was doing to his body. "Hey, Eri? Your quirk, its amazing. I really admire your gift, its beautiful. I also think Midoriya could use a little help from you, Eri. What do you say?" Yui smiled as gently and warmly as ever, and it seemed to ease Eri's petrified state, even if only slightly.

"...okay..."

"That's my girl." She smiled and ruffled her hair, then picked her up and called Midoriya back for a second, speedily explaining what was going on. He took it all in and accepted the help with relief, then resumed his fight. "That's his fight right here. Grow up and become a grand hero, Deku." 

"Yuki! Are you ok?!" From behind, Uraraka ran up to the girl, along with other pros. She and Asui were holding Mr. Aizawa, who seemed to be mostly ok.

"Yeah." She nodded. But she wasn't. She wanted to fall and never get up, she was so tired, trying to pull away Sukuna from taking control over her body to consume the finger and stay in control for good. She wanted to die already. Be put to rest. But now wasn't the time, for a certain boy was right there, feeling just as ripped-up from the inside as she was feeling. Aizawa signalled for the two teens to lift his head, and he did so, ipso facto stopping Eri's quirk. Yui exhaled with relief, then went up to the boy as fast as she could. "You did great." 

"T-thanks..." He managed to utter, before passing out. Eri was taken into the care of other pros, away from the residing chaos. Everyone else followed, leaving only Yui and the police arresting Chisaki at the scene. Uraraka asked if she was coming with them, but the pinkette said she needed a moment to herself, and that she didn't need any medical attention.

"How much longer do you think you can keep this up, eh, brat?" Sukuna taunted as he formed a mouth on Yui's cheek. The girl let out a tired groan, collapsing onto her knees.

"Not long, I suppose. I just...need to do one more thing." She whispered as she took her phone, dialling Yuji's number. She also set the phone call to record and auto send after it ends.

"Yui? What's up?" 

"It-It's time...I have to do it, Yuji. Once I do, Sukuna will go back to you, but he won't have control over you, because you didn't consume the last finger. You'll have time..."

"Yui?! What are you saying?!" Kugisaki's voice was hearable from the other side, along with Fushiguro's and Gojo's. 

"We're coming right now!" Satoru said.

"Don't...You'll be too late...Please, just talk to me...I love you guys...so damn much..." 

"...W-we love you too..." Nobara was now crying, her voice shaking and sobbing.

"Stay strong, Yui...stay strong!" Yuji cried out.

"I'm trying here, big brain..." Yui joked sarcastically, making the other side of the line cry out. "Thanks guys...for giving me so many memories to remember. If given a choice, I wouldn't live another life. This one's pretty nice..."

"Yui..."

All these trips, events, fun, things we've done. Its true, what they say about life flashing before my eyes. Its all so bright. Happy. Its perfect. Just as I wanted. 

"Thank you..." She repeated in a meek whisper as she took out a blade, holding the object in her other hand. She took the finger and gulped it down, then brought the blade to her throat. "There is an infinite amount of numbers between 0 and 1. There's 0.01, 0.001, and so on. But there is an even bigger infinity between 0 and 2. Some infinities are bigger than others, but thank you, everyone, for for giving me this small infinity. Our small infinity..."

Life is beautiful. Beautifully cruel. But it must go on and on. In this world, this isn't a side effect of dying, I am the side effect of death itself. My time is up, I have already grown to accept it. But hell, nobody told me it would hurt this much...

All nature has a feeling: woods, fields, brooks
Are life eternal: and in silence they
Speak happiness beyond the reach of books;
There's nothing mortal in them; their decay
Is the green life of change; to pass away
And come again in blooms revivified.
Its birth was heaven, eternal it its stay,
And with the sun and moon shall still abide
Beneath their day and night and heaven wide.

Goodbye, beautiful, unfair life.