✦❘༻ XVI- Back In Business ༺❘✦

"Returning to the past can either be like gnawing at an old scab, or finding the old remedy to heal it."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Its been a few days less than two weeks since Yui moved back to Tokyo. She's spent most of her time either on solo missions, or some together with her friends. They did the usual, like waking each other up by throwing themselves in the pool (Yui lost the battles almost every morning), or meeting up at a restaurant to relax at the end of the day if they were out solo all day.

"Is that your phone, Yu?" Yuji asked, munching on his salad since the chosen restaurant for today was a vegan themed-inn.

"Looks like its...Midoriya..." She sighed, then left the table to answer. "Yeah?"

"Oh, I'm glad you answered. It doesn't seem like you'll be returning anytime soon, but I was hoping you might change your mind..." He trailed off.

"Why would that be? I don't see how risking my already numbered days would be beneficial to society."

"Um...w-we moved to a school dorm system, and the provisional licencing exams will be coming up soon...so, there's still time, of course if you want, that is...anyway, um, its nearly the end of lunch break, so I gotta go."

"...thanks." She hung up, staying still in thought for a moment.

Do I want to go back? No, why should I go back? Its not like I'll even live long enough to graduate and become a hero. But then, why do I keep thinking about them...

"Itadori! Come on, its ok! Let us in! Stop pushing us away! We just want to be your friends!"

"We might not be able to beat up curses, but we can still be good friends!"

"I want...I want to..."

"Yui, hurry up, the table was reserved!" Kugisaki called.

"C-coming."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"You've been kinda zoned out lately. Everything ok?" Satoru leaned over to the female's height. He and Yui were currently taking a walk around Jujutsu Tech with Yuki and Mizuki.

"Midoriya asked me to come back to U.A." She said.

"Oh? So why's it bothering you so much?"

"I don't know."

"Do you maybe...miss them?"

"Wha- why would I miss them? I mean, I literally only went to school with them..."

"But you seem to be missing their energy."

"I'm not selfish, Satoru...I'm not...am I?" She looked at him in pure confusion.

"Its ok to miss people, it doesn't make you selfish. It just means you're a loyal friend!" He grinned brightly.

"Where do I go then? What should I do?"

"...As much as I hate what I'm saying, you should try striving to become a hero, even if its temporary. You know, experiencing different things. You also get to save lives in a different way."

And so Yui did as Satoru advised, and returned to U.A, although he only agreed on the condition that he can drop in with the others whenever he wants, but since any quirk-nullifying quirks or deadly situations did no harm to Yui, she was a valuable hero student, and so Aizawa agreed. The majority of the day was spent moving her things from the apartment, so 1A only saw the moving company men until evening.