✦❘༻ XIV- Mindful think-through ༺❘✦

The sorcerers switched the TV off agressively, cursing the school for allowing the villains to kidnap Yui.

"I'm gonna murder every last one of those damn so-called 'heroes'."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Our fight is to question: What is a hero? What is justice?" Yui woke up to the chilling voice of none other than Tomura Shigaraki. She could also perfectly smell the scent of rotting wood and alcohol that lingered on each of the villains, as well as their plain personal smells. She tilted her eyelids open in the slightest, noticing she was bound to a chair by restraints similar to the ones on Bakugo during the Sports Festival medal-giving.

"Why am I held down like some rabid dog!?" She retorted without hesitation, tugging at the chains. 

"Its no use, they're quirk nullifiers." Shigaraki smiled in satisfaction.

"Jokes on you, I'm a jujutsu sorcerer!" She yelled, giving the chains one more tug, snapping the ones on her shoulders.

"A what!?" Twice panicked.

"Don't think about that right now, hold her down!" 

"Toga!" 

"On it!" The girl giggled, stabbing a blade straight through Yui's forearm, holding the knife in. "We heard from a friend you can heal yourself, and that wouldn't be good, wouldn't it?" 

"For you, I guess." She sneered. 

"The hell are you doing?" Bakugo snapped.

"Being dumb, I guess, part two." The female shrugged.

"Well that's f*cking great!"

"Now now, let's not get too excited. Itadori, Bakugo, we have a proposition for you. Join us, and help kill All Might. Bakugo, your quirk is a very valuable asset. Itadori, you possess power that exceeds All Might's himself." The pale blue haired man continued.

"Bla bla bla. If you seek true power, the key to eternal glory is being the only one at the top. Take a hint from me; I've lived for over a thousand years, and sorcerers all around fear me! Ha! But you? You need your pitiful little gang to do anything." 

"What the hell's going on..."

"I'll tell you. You're all gonna die." The cursed spirit could barely contain his excitement as he smiled isurpressably, ripping Yui's body out of the restraints with ease. "Now, who's gonna go first?" 

"C-Compress..." Magne stuttered out. Said man pulled himself together and launched himself at Sukuna, throwing his marble mid-moment too. 

"What a shame." Sukuna chuckled sadistically, dodging.

"On you." Dabi turned the tables by grabbing Bakugo's neck whilst holding his other hand out towards her for precaution, taking him hostage against Sukuna and Yui's pact, although its not like he knew about it. "One more move, and I'll burn him to hell." Yui came back through, her expression breaking as she fell onto her knees, lost. She can't move to attack Dabi, because he'll be quicker to burn Bakugo. Sukuna do it with his full speed either, because if he fails he'll break the pact, as one of the deals states he can't be the cause of someone's death. 

What should she do? What can she do? Surrounded by deadly villains, god knows where, there isn't any obvious answer to that question. 

Lies, lies, lies. All that time, she thought she was the strongest. That she could take anyone down. But now, when she has no way to use brute force, what can she do?

"Piece by piece, breaking, shattering..." Shigaraki laughed over the female's figure.

If she ran and pushed Dabi's hand off of Bakugo, he wouldn't get hurt. But she would. But then there's Sukuna, of course!

"You damn bastards." She snarled, maximising her speed to sprint-jump at the flame villain's arm. The plan was sucessful, because the blonde was now safer, although Yui's entire arm was burnt to ashes. In other words, it was gone.

"She's crazy!" Twice yelled out.

"Hello, we got a pizza delivery."

"Nani tf-"

"I AM HERE!" 

"Took y'all long enough." Yui rolled her eyes at the mess made by the heroes bursting through the door while the no.1 had made quite a large hole in the wall. Around her, the tree-like hero known as Kamui woods captured each villain effectively.

"Young itadori- your arm!"

"Uh, yeah? I think I can see...what an unhandy situation-" She stopped when a surge of test pain shot through her entire body from exhaustion and physical damage, Sukuna taking the hint to heal her lost limb.

"Shit, the adrenaline must've worn off! Itadori! You're doing well, calm down!" A hero said, although he backed away when the girl began coughing up a slimy, black substance, just like Bakugo and the villains. 

"Freaking shit..." The girl groaned, kneeling on the dirty ground while hunching over herself. She didn't know what was going on. Rather, she just couldn't make it out. Everything was a blur, the pain, the sensations, the voices, the people, the fight, the villains tugging at her body to keep her hostage while she barely clung onto her conciousness.

"Nobody gets to pull me around like some damn trashbag."

"Its that thing again! What do we do, Dabi!?" The villains worried over their safety as they recalled the state Muscular was reported found in. Massacred.

"L-let it go...Suk...Sukuna..." Yui whimpered out. "It's not our fight..." She weakly turned her head to the hero that exploded into the scene, standing before the world's most feared villain of all time, All for One.

"There goes my hope of finding a worthy human opponent." He groaned, giving Yui's body one last energy push by leaping behing a block of buildings, where everything dimmed out and faded into a dark nothingness.

How can it be...that I seem so strong...yet I'm so...weak...

I tried. I tried. I really did. But in the end, what help was I if I let Bakugo be captured anyway, despite my attempt to save him? And it was twice, where my attempts failed. They only flashed a grant of success, before burning out like a candle in the winter wind. I'm pathetic. What a lame excuse for a human. What would I be, what would've I become, if curses didn't exist? I would be an ordinary, quirkless being living in this world. Still, a pathetic and weak excuse for a human. Why should I be living right now in the first place? I'm a cursed human. Something nobody wants to look at, or have anything to do with. It would've been better for everyone if the higher ups just killed me already. No more people dying for my sake; for the vesssel's sake. That's all I am. A handy tool for the jujutsu society to take advantage of to get rid of Sukuna. 

And yet, why do I keep pushing on so desperately? Why do I keep acting like I have a place in this cruel world? 

I'm...I'm so lost...

I feel...like a soul rotting useless...

A body living to only fulfill its designated task...

A mind pretending everything's fine...

A dream that longs to live a normal life with

them...

"Yui's never gonna forget us! Won't you, Lil' sis?" 

and them too?...

"We want to be your friends, so please stop pushing us away!"

I should restart this mess. From zero. Give everything a chance.

Suddenly AOT The Owl Theme plays because I'm listening to an emotional AOT Soundtrack while writing this lol

*perfect* timing lmao