Run This Town

Jay Z ft Rhianna and Kanye West Run This Town Lyrics

Feel it coming in the air
Hear the screams from everywhere
I'm addicted to the thrill
It's a dangerous love affair
Can't be scared when it goes down
Got a problem, tell me now
Only thing that's on my mind
Is who's gon' run this town tonight
We gon' run this town!

"Hey Misty you awake. It's a real disaster at this Junkyard. A bakers dozen of dead bodies. Two destroyed vehicles and debris everywhere. Get some coffee, sober up, and get over here before the bucket heads take over the scene." Misty's partner Scarfe said over her phone which was on speaker

Misty rolled out of bed and started getting dressed. Luke stirred awake and stared at Misty awkwardly. Misty started putting on clothes that indicated what her occupation was. Luke predictably was not thrilled with the revelation that Misty was a police officer.

"Yes Imma cop. And no I'm not going to arrest you but you do need to leave. My job as you can tell has odd working hours."

Misty stared at her alarm clock which said 6:15am.

"So it's the women who leaves the guy before the morning begins this time. I thought I served you the best cosmopolitan you ever had last night and I also thought we enjoyed ourselves in this bed a few hours ago." Luke observed

Misty frowned and shook her head.

"It was wonderful what we did last night. You're a handsome man but I have a job to do." Misty replied dismissively

Luke shrugged his shoulders in defeated acceptance of Misty's statement. He groaned as he climbed out of Misty's bed and began to get dressed. He tried his best to maintain his composure and act natural. Luke didn't want Misty to realize he was a fugitive from the Empire. Misty needed to believe he was a bartender that worked for the Harlem's Paradise nightclub. Just a regular yet handsome man trying to make a living in Harlem like everyone else.

"Hopefully you don't drop off the face of the earth because of what I do. Or are you scared of my occupation?" Misty accused

Misty finished getting dressed and placed her officer badge on her shirt.

"I could ask you the same question? I do work for Cottonmouth. You still wanna do this again with me next week despite my occupation?" Luke replied with a grin

Misty smirked, "I thought your employer preferred to be called Mr. Stokes."

Luke put his shirt on and replied, "People only call him them that when they're on the clock."

Luke left Misty's apartment and continued his journey home. Misty on the otherhand got in her car and activated flight mode. She needed to take an airpath to the junkyard to save time. Misty hated flying in her old car with other air cars especially near Imperial cars. Misty couldn't stand Imperials with their arrogance and smug attitudes. She knew that in short periods of time Imperial officers took over crime scenes from civilian police officers like herself. So Misty was not excited about letting down her partner Scarfe. Misty knew Imperial control of crime scenes was all a show for Imperial citizens. They rarely used the information to conduct thorough or logical investigations. Imperials cared more about finding and arresting Rebels and usually treated cases involving criminals like Cottonmouth with relative apathy.

...

Cottonmouth stared at his large photo of rapper Notorious B.I.G. wearing a crown. He smiled to himself as he felt the image was symbolic. Cottonmouth ruled Harlem with an iron fist and other rival gangs knew that. In fact he controlled most of the neighborhood with only the edges of the area in control of rival gangleaders like Domingo. Domingo wasn't a rival last night though, Cottonmouth thought, he was actually a partner.