What they fight for, You must honor

Harold rose from a pond nearby Central Park. He swam to the shore of the pond and stumbled around struggling to balance himself. His clothes torn and covered in mud he gasped and dry heaved struggling to breathe. He was forced to vomit for several seconds until his lungs cleared up again. A mixture of water, mud and bile formed a pile on the ground in front of him. He wiped his face and continued stumbling away from the pond.

His shirt was torn in certain places and his left pant leg was ripped along the side. As he journeyed forward his memories slowly started coming back to him. Harold knew he was a human male and he lived in a city called New York/Lothal with many non human residents. He noticed a Pantoran male with dark blue skin and large pale eyes, and a Quarren with the tentacles of a squid on top of his head fishing together given him an odd look. Harold laughed because he remembered Grand Admiral Thrawn. He joked about how the newly arrived Imperial Officer looked like a Pantoran to Ward.

For some odd reason Ward was a foreign name to Harold. He didn't remember anyone named Ward but for some reason Thrawn was someone he could recall. He continued on his journey into the city with the occasional pedestrian giving him a confused stare. Harold recoiled at his own reflection in a store window. He saw the amount of dirt and mud that covered him along with his tattered clothes. He saw the business suits on display for sale and his memory started to return to him.

He remembered that he was Harold Meachum the co founder and former CEO of Rand Enterprises. Rand was the one of the most influential corporations on Earth. Ward Meachum was his son and Ward was the current CEO of Rand Enterprises. Harold remembered that he died of cancer. That he made a deal with the Hand to be ressurrected after death. However Harold needed to stay hidden so as to not draw attention to the Hand's ressurection methods. The Emperor was secretly a Sith Lord named Darth Sidious and spent decades attempting to learn the secret behind the Hand's ability to ressurect their warriors. This power is what enticed Darth Vader to serve the Empire in the first place.

Harold always wondered if this particular rumor was true. Madam Gao the leader of the Hand who he made deals with claimed these were Vader's motivations to follow the Emperor. Madam Gao wasn't always forthright with her plans in their time of working together and now he remembered how Gao forced Harold to serve her by threatening his children.

However something dawned on Harold. He had a trump card he could play to take advantage of his 2nd ressurrection. He was living proof of how the Hand ressurrected people and how the process was permanent thereby making him valuable to the Emperor.
He contacted Mas Amedda the head of the Emperor's ruling council on a secret line via a public holo net box across the street from the store window. Harold decided to make a bold pitch that could ensure his ability to never die could net him a huge amount of power beyond imagination.

****

"You should thank me for helping you capture Madam Gao." Bakuto suggested

He wasn't alarmed by Danny's abrupt entrance into his office. Colleen however was stunned speechless by Danny's agitated behavior.

"Was all of what you're doing just a ruse to get the Iron Fist? Why else would you amass money and influence from Senators who secretly resent the Empire only to use it to support Rebel Cells? Are you really trying to stop the Gao's of the world or is your true mission to seduce the Iron Fist into working for your organization? And if that's the case what
use do you have for the power of the Iron Fist?"

Danny folded his arms and glared at Bakuto waiting for an answer.

"Danny where is all of this coming from? My sensei has done nothing but help us and now you're accusing of him of dishonesty? What's wrong? Colleen asked finally over her initial shock