Only pain you will find

Mart saw a large airship carrier appear out of hyperspace. It fired upon Konstantine's Imperial Light Cruiser. It's shield's held but Mart saw that the Cruiser was being pushed backward. It would only be a matter of time before the airship's shields would be disabled.

"Mart you need to take your ship and land it in the back docking bay of Phoenix Home." General Jun Sato said over Mart's radio

"Uncle Jun? You came to save me?" Mart asked surprised

"Please Mart there's no time. You need to move quickly." Sato pleaded

Mart piloted his airship to the docking bay and soon he saw a massive airship 6 times the size of the Light Cruiser. Underneath the airship was an odd looking symbol of a dragon type creature.

"General Jun Sato we meet at last." Grand Admiral Thrawn said

3 other Star Destroyers appeared behind him along with a dozen Light Cruisers and another dozen armored transport airship's and a half dozen freighters. 6 TIE Fighters flanked each armored transport and each freighter. Mart's jaw dropped to the ground as he saw his uncle's small fleet of airships was outnumbered 9 to one in terms of overall firepower.

"Grand Admiral Thrawn. I figure someone of your stature wouldn't care too much about me and my troops."

"General Sato you are too modest. I have great respect for you and your right hand woman Captain Syndulla's leadership and tactical abilities. I was surprised to know this gambit of mine would lure you and your Rebel Cell out of hiding and force you to return to Mykapo. Your Rebel Cell has the admirable trait of sacrificing one's personal past for what you perceive to be the greater good. Yet every person has a limit on the number of situations they can apply this characteristic." Grand Admiral Thrawn observed

"Well now you know my limit Thrawn. Until we meet again." General Sato said

Thrawn smiled as he watched the Phoenix Rebel Cell escape into hyperspace.

"Why are you happy Grand Admiral? The Rebels are escaping." Agent Kallus questioned

"Yes I know. I know exactly where their next jump point is because I calculated the odds of Admiral Konstantine apprehending the Iron Squadron at 7%. These low odds were based on my presumption that the Spectres and their Rebel Cell would come to the aide of the Iron Squadron despite no nearby Rebel activity in this part of the world. Thus upon rescuing the Iron Squadron their next jump point would coincide directly with an important global sector vital to Imperial control. Agent Kallus I want you to take Admiral Konstantine and return to New York/Lothal and rendezvous with Governor Pryce on the Relentless and with most of the fleet. The Chimera and the remainder of aircraft assigned to protect it will pursue the Rebels to their next jump point."

"Isn't splitting up our forces exactly what the Rebels want?" Agent Kallus argued

"Yes and they'll be operating more in the open because of that assumption. They know about Project TIE Defender and they'll continue their campaign to damage Rand Enterprises to ruin the Project. Once construction on TIE Defender factory complex goes live it will irreversibly change the makeup of the city and strengthen Imperial control on the region." Thrawn said with a smile

Kallus frowned but carried out Thrawn's instructions.

****

Gao was in a makeshift cell aboard the Ghost bound in chains. The Ghost emerged from its jump point and flew high hiding within a collection of clouds off the coast of Ryloth/Algeria. Hera and Sabine operated the airship's communications equipment attempting to make contact with the Free Ryloth Movement an independent Rebel group that fought the Empire in that nation. Meanwhile Rex and Zeb scavenged on a remote island 300 miles off the coast Ryloth/Algeria called Batonn/Malta. They reached the island relatively quickly by getting a ride from Kanan and Ezra in the Phantom II. Kanan and Ezra returned to the Ghost to hear an argument between Danny, Colleen and Claire on what to do with Gao.