Hate Leads to Suffering

Author's Note

Maul had a vision of this alternate version of Spiderman known as Spider-Carnage in the 1994 Spiderman Animated Series. This vision is driving his plans related to the Jedi and Sith Holocron's.

One Year Earlier May 2032

Maul laughed as he escaped Malachor surprised he survived his defeat by a blinded Kanan Jarrus. He entered the starfighter of the deceased Inquisitor the Eighth Brother and decided to follow the weakened Kanan Jarrus and his companions. Suddenly Maul received a vision and it was the supposedly deceased hero he envisioned before...Spiderman. He remembered first receiving this vision when he battled the former Jedi Padawan Ahsoka Tano on Mandalore/Texas in May of 2016 and was confused by the idea of it. Spiderman a teenage novice hero being the one of the few things that concerned his former master Darth Sidious was laughable.

Yet now after leaving Malachor the former stronghold of the Sith Empire did Maul realize the true nature of Spiderman. Peter Parker had a deep connection to the Multiversal Core a nexus of spiritual energy and the Force that is at the center of the structure of each reality in the Multiverse. The reality he resided in was the essential reality in which all others were tethered to. He remembered his former master Darth Sidious called this the Central Reality. However a variant of the Central reality Spiderman bonded to the alien symbiote known as Carnage becoming Spider-Carnage. In a rage fueled insanity this variant Spiderman created a device that could destroy the Multiversal Core despite hailing from a weak and unstable universe.

Maul knew that he needed an ally to take advantage of this recent development before his former master did. Maul realized Spiderman could be the key to killing Darth Sidious and his apprentice Darth Vader who was the mindless machine as far as Maul was concerned. Maul decided to tap into the Force to find Madame Gao.

December 2032

Maul entered a warehouse and used the Force to toss Gao's armed bodyguards against the wall. He burst into Gao's office and she greeted him while sipping tea and reading a datapad as if Maul was an old friend.

"I know you're there Maul. I know you've searched through the Force for answers about Spiderman and the Multiversal Core for several months. Spiderman has only a subconscious connection to the source of spiritual energy I am tapped into. The Iron Fist not only has a conscious connection to this energy like I do but he can manipulate this energy at the correct entry point to where it connects with the Force." Madame Gao explained

"Let me guess that one of these entry points touching the Force is in New York/Lothal. Inside the building known as Midland Circle Financial. That's why your employer decided to invest all their resources in this pathetic excuse for a city as a means to fight a losing battle against the Emperor." Maul taunted

"Don't underestimate New York City/Lothal Maul. Before the Clone Wars New York was a thriving place that was admired by sentient beings all over the world. The Hand's investments in corporations such as Union Allied or Rand Enterprises during those times were instrumental in our organizations growth during the waning days of the Republic. We chose corporations that we projected would form closely connected relationships to the Empire and be involved in influential Imperial military projects.

We currently present a tricky obstacle in Darth Sidious's desire to silence us because we are connected to his Imperial network. Once his precious Project Stardust is complete though he'll have a means to wipe out the Hand easily. However the Rebellion and those within in the Empire with their own treasonous ambitions have done an excellent job holding up the completion of Project Stardust also known as the Death Star."

"That Project holds no interest to me. The Emperor holds no regard for me and that allows me to seek a powerful solution to catch him off guard. If I could use the Multiversal Core to build an army of Spidermen and Spidermen villains then I would catch the Emperor off guard and defeat him once and for all. I'll be able to construct a multiversal Empire that would ensure my rule as Emperor of a new Sith Empire." Maul boasted