Breathe

"You left me to rot, Carl." Diamondback said

"We can work this out Willis." Luke replied

Luke struggled to get to his feet. The Interdictor was gone but it's effects made Luke feel off balance. The room spun slightly and his old friend Willis looked larger than he truly was. Normally Willis was a couple inches shorter than Luke and weighed a little bit less than him. Now after Luke experienced the full power of Admiral Titus's Interdictor Willis looked like a giant.

"That Interdictor got you wobbly Carl. It's got you begging for mercy because deep down you know you did wrong. You know there's nothing to work out.
You're the reason my mother died. That I was away from her for so long when she was sick." Diamondback said

He loaded a cartridge into a large heavy blaster rifle. The rifle made a whirring sound as it increased its energy input with the new cartridge. Luke tried to rush Diamondback but he simply grabbed Luke by the shoulders with his right hand and shoved him to the ground. Luke still hadn't recovered from the after effects of the Interdictor.

"I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. Ain't that what the great Reverend James Lucas used to scream at us? Preached peace and prosperity, every Sunday on the pulpit, but come Saturday afternoon during our games? Nothing but fire and brimstone. Everybody else caught hell but you back in those days. All the world's a stage for the preacher's son, the running back. It didn't matter how many touchdown passes I threw. Coach Lucas always called running plays." 

Luke grabbed the bat Mariah used earlier on Cottonmouth and struck Diamondback in the shoulder. He dropped his blaster and Luke attempted to strike him again. Diamondback dodged the attack and did a spin kick knocking Luke to the ground.

"Willis. You used Cottonmouth and the gang wars and the war between the Rebels and the Empire just for revenge against me?" Luke asked perplexed

"Of course. Though I assumed it would take weeks to find you once I established my smuggling business in Harlem. But the Lord blessed me with a quick discovery of your whereabouts Carl. And Carl please call me "Diamondback"."

"Why, because you're a snake, like Cottonmouth?" Luke accused

"I am a snake because I shed my skin for something better. Stronger. You left me to rot, Carl, in a gutter. But I changed that sewer into a garden." Diamondback replied

He aimed his heavy blaster rifle at Luke's chest and shot him. Luke howled in pain as the blaster bolt that ejected from the blaster didn't bounce of his skin. The bolt was a Judas Bolt and Luke stared in confusion at the plasma energy in the bolt growing hotter as it burrowed into his skin.

"You betrayed me like Judas betrayed Jesus. While he was still speaking, Judas, one of the Twelve, arrived. With him was a large crowd armed with swords and clubs, sent from the chief priests and the elders of the people. Now the betrayer had arranged a signal with them: “The one I kiss is the man; arrest him.” Going at once to Jesus, Judas said, “Greetings, Rabbi!” and kissed him. Jesus replied, “Do what you came for, friend.” Then the men stepped forward, seized Jesus and arrested him. All my years in Imperial prison. The only I way stayed sane was reading the Bible. Reverend Lucas would be impressed if he knew I memorized it by heart."  Diamondback said

The Judas bolt exploded and knocked Luke to the edge of the music stage where Diamondbackhad originally enrered from. A microphone stand landed at Luke's side. A gaping wound spurting blood caused Luke to wince in pain.

"I get why you're so angry with me. I wasn't a good friend. I should've stood tall when you got in trouble, but I didn't. And you paid the price." Luke apologized