Bring the Pain

Method Man Bring the Pain Lyrics

Verse 1

I came to bring the pain hardcore from the brain
Let's go inside my astral plane
Find out my mental, based on instrumental
Records, hey, so I can write monumental
Methods, I'm not the king
But brothers is decaf, I stick 'em for the cream
Check it, just how deep can things get
Deep as the abyss and brothers is mad, fish accept it
In your Cross Colour clothes, you've crossed over
Then got Totally Krossed Out and Kris Krossed
Who the boss? Brothers get tossed to the side
And I'm the dark side of the Force
Of course it's the Method, Man from the Wu-Tang Clan
I be hectic, and comin' for the head piece, protect it
Screw it, two tears in a bucket
Brothers want the ruckus
Bustin' at me, bruh, now bust it
Styles, I gets buckwild
Method Man on some things, pullin' brothers files, I'm sick
Insane, crazy, driving Miss Daisy
Out her flipping mind, now I got mine, I'm Swayze

Luke saw the hostages numbered in the thousands. They all wore grey hoodies with blaster bolt holes in solidarity with Luke. They sat in a circle some of their heads bowed in prayer, others in hushed conversations attempting to reassure friends and loved ones. Luke teared up moved by the gesture of the large group. Many of them he recognized from Pop's funeral. They all clearly wanted to move forward into a future where they could be free from Diamondback, Cottonmouth, Mariah and Shades, the Empire. They truly were inspired by Pop and by Luke himself. Luke realized he couldn't let them or Pop down.

"Forward Always. Never backward." Luke whispered thinking of Pop

He took a deep breath and emerged from the shadows onto the dance floor of Harlem's Paradise.

"Willis. You need to let these people go. They're not to blame for your grudge against me. You're right. I didn't stand by you when it counted. I was the one who took advantage of my father's influence to escape Imperial prison while he left you behind. These people don't have to die for something I did."

"You see that picture everyone. Dana my mother the sweetest and most beautiful woman in the state of Georgia." Diamondback announced to the crowd

He emerged from the private suite upstairs that Cottonmouth used to occupy. He had a remote clicker that he pointed at the music stage. A Holo Projector screen descended from the ceiling and showed the image of a beautiful woman with caramel colored skin and shiny black hair. The crowd turned to stare back at Diamondback perplexed by the photo and his black Stormtrooper armor with heavy weapons attached to the chest plate.

"You wanna know what happened to sweet Dana? Cancer ate her alive and she died alone in a medical shelter without a friend in the world. You see, the great Reverend James Lucas…well, he stopped caring for her after I was doing hard time in an Imperial prison. While his son Carl was free to go off and be a hero in the Clone Wars. Reverend Lucas didn't care about me his first son. Yet my mother she…oh, she still loved Reverend Lucas and well, she wanted me to have something of my father's...his Bible. God had me at hello with the book of Genesis. Genesis chapter 4. The story of Cain and Abel. When God asked Cain where Abel was after he killed him Cain asked, "Am I my brother's keeper?" See I thought that was a cool line Wesley Snipes made up in the movie New Jack City. Turns out it's real. So after I kill the great Luke Cage I'm gonna stand over him and say, "Yes, I am my brother's keeper."

"I'm not fighting you unless you let these hostages go."

"You are going to lead these Harlem admirers of yours into a desert Carl. You know why? It's because these people just want you to be Cornell on the inside but on the outside they want you to be the hero. They're going to want you to kill me and then run Harlem from this nightclub. They're not interested in these messages of freedom that you based your new name off of. The message of Luke Chapter 4 verse 18 isn't what they want Carl. So you calling yourself Luke Cage is a waste of time.